Cantonese Dinner

  • Betty Cervone
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2001
      I tried the Cantonese Dinner a couple of days ago, and it was sooo good.
      The only addition to the original recipe I made was to add some pinapple
      chunks. I used the pinapple in it's own juice and added about 1/2 the juice
      from the can (not the little tuna sized can but the larger size). My family
      loved it.

      Original Crockpot Cantonese Dinner

      1 1/2 pounds pork steak, 1/2-inch thick,cut into strips
      2 tablespoons oil
      1 large onion, sliced
      1 small green pepper, cut into strips
      1 4-ounce can mushrooms, drained
      8-ounce can tomato sauce
      3 tablespoons brown sugar
      1 1/2 teablespoon vinegar
      1 1/2 teaspoon salt
      2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

      Brown pork strips in oil in skillet to remove excess fat. Drain on double
      paper towel. Place pork strips and all remaining ingredients into crock-pot.
      Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hrs. High: 4 hrs) Serve over hot fluffy
      rice

      Betsy in the Burgh
      Go Steelers
    • Mary Free
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2003
        Cantonese Dinner

        2 pounds pork steaks, cut into strips
        2 tablespoons vegetable oil
        1 onion, thinly sliced
        1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
        1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
        3 tablespoons brown sugar
        1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
        1 1/2 teaspoons salt
        2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

        In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork in oil.
        Drain off excess fat. Place pork, onion, mushrooms, tomato sauce, brown
        sugar, vinegar, salt and Worcestershire sauce in a slow cooker. Cook on High
        for 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

        Service. Try it FREE for one month! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
      • Dorie
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2010
          Cantonese Dinner

               2 pounds pork steak, cut into strips
               2 tablespoons vegetable oil
               1 onion, thinly sliced
               1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
               1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
               3 tablespoons brown sugar
               1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
               1 1/2 teaspoons salt
               2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

          Directions

              In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork in oil. Drain off excess fat.
              Place pork, onion, mushrooms, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and Worcestershire sauce in a slow cooker. Cook
          on High for 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

          Dorie
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Momsmenuplan/