Re: what am I doing wrong

  • ladyredlight
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
      Try doubling the liquid in your recipes. AND as someone else said, keep the
      lid ON. Everytime you open it it lets steam escape! that in intself dries
      stuff up. And are you sure the recipes you are trying are meant for the
      crockpot? ALSO, if you keep getting stuff dried out try lining the bottom
      of your crockpot with sliced (not diced) onions and maaybe celery. Other
      than that I don't have a clue.
      Good luck. I been using mine for 25 years. I DID try the teflon lined
      metal ones, and didn;t like them. I went back to the crock kind.

      ladyredlight parrotbay@... ICQ#4510485 AIM ladyredlight01
      http://communities.msn.com/NyteFyreandLadyRedLightsCastle

      "Do or do not; there is no try." - Yoda, Stars Wars
    • NICOLE
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2001
        also, try making your recipes inside an oven bag. that way the liquid CAN'T
        boil away. plus, as an added benefit, no cleanup.

        Nicole

        : Try doubling the liquid in your recipes. AND as someone else said, keep
        the
        : lid ON. Everytime you open it it lets steam escape! that in intself
        dries
        : stuff up.
      • Mary Beth Wray
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2001
          I have done the cooking bags too, and they work great. And the clean up in next to nothing. Mary Beth in Texas
          also, try making your recipes inside an oven bag. that way the liquid CAN'T
          boil away. plus, as an added benefit, no cleanup.

          Nicole

          : Try doubling the liquid in your recipes. AND as someone else said, keep
          the
          : lid ON. Everytime you open it it lets steam escape! that in intself
          dries
          : stuff up.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Raielene
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2001
            Don't the bags burn? Are they special plastic bags?
            ~Raielene

            <slowcooker-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>
            <slowcooker-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>
            > To view the archives, go to
            http://groups.yahoo.com/messages/slowcooker

            Service.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2001
              Just use the oven cooking bags that are made to cook turkeys in.