Re: [slowcooker] crockpot cooking too fast

  • dianne soares
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2001
      This definitely could be the cooker and the test that Maria suggests is a
      good idea. BUT often recipes that include boneless, chicken breasts say to
      cook 8- 10 hours (low) or even the mysterious "all day" but I find I can't
      tolerate a chicken breast cooked more than 4-5 hours--so this also could be
      taste. Some things are cooked through in a few hours but if you are looking
      for falling apart tender it takes quite a bit longer---so again this *could*
      be a taste issue---but check that your crockpot is functioning properly to
      be safe. dianne