RE: [slowcooker] Cooking Too Fast

  • Hulliberger, Sheri J
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2001
      I just got a new crockpot about a month ago because I wanted one with the
      removable liner so I could put it in the dishwasher. My crockpot before
      that was over 10 years old and you had to just clean out the inside and not
      immerse etc.
      I have noticed it cooks much hotter too. My old crockpot didn't have a
      temperature setting etc. You just plugged it in and it was on but with my
      new one even on the low setting things get done much much faster.
      I have been afraid to do any meals while I am at work for fear they will
      burn up.
      So I have the same problem.

      Sheri

    • Waccamaw Woman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2001
        I have had several that did this and all were Rival brand. Have one now that
        I could fry fish in LOL.

        My mil was surprised to hear that you are not supposed to have to add water
        when cooking on low in the slow cooker/crock. If you don't keep a check on
        hers and add water it will ruin.

        Love and Blessings,
        Mary Ellen
        meharv84@...

        I am secure in my Lord, Jesus Christ! He is my Saviour, my Protector, my
        Salvation, my Healer, my Provider, my EVERYTHING!

        Learn more about my people at
        http://chicora-waccamaw.com/