Pork Chops

  • The Higgs Family
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 4, 2001
      Here are a couple of our family favorites.

      Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce

      8 chops (I've used bone-in & boneless)
      2 tsp salt
      1/4 tsp pepper
      1/8 tsp sage
      1 can cream of mushroom soup (or 'from scratch' equivalent)
      1 tbsp dried onion flakes.

      Trim excess fat from chops. Lightly brown each on both sides over high
      heat. Salt & pepper each when done and place in crock. Add remaining
      ingredients to still hot skillet. Scrape pan juices while gently stirring.
      Pour over chops. Cook low 8-10 hours

      Italian Chops & Potatoes

      6-8 chops (can substitute b/s chicken breasts)
      1/2 cup Italian dressing (I have used light with no appreciable difference)
      1 tsp Italian seasoning
      1/2 cup grated parmesan or Romano cheese
      4-6 potatoes peeled and cut into wedges

      Place chops in bottom of crock. Mix dressing, cheese and seasoning together
      in a medium bowl. Pour 1/2 of mixture over chops. Add potatoes. Top with
      remaining liquid. Cook low 6-8 hours.
    • Sheri Matheson
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 8, 2001
        Thank you everyone, for the wonderful and varied pork chop recipes. I saved each method/recipe on one page in my Master Cook program so they will be all together. I haven't been cooking much lately, but intend to try most of them soon.

        Sheri Matheson
        Dogs have owners. Cats have staff

      • dj41351
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 27, 2003
          I need a recipe for Pork Chops for the crock pot TODAY. :-) I
          don't want to fry them. I've looked in the files but don't can't get
          anything. I don't understnd how to move around in those files. :-)
          Thanks, Donna
        • Jgirlsemail@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 29, 2004
            Hi!
            What is everyone's favorite crockpot recipe for pork chops?
            thanks!

            Julie
            Classicalthings for the homeschool
            Ebay Id Classicalthings

          • noentrobcap
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
              My favorite is also one of the easiest: simply dump pork chops and a
              can of sauerkraut, juice and all, in CP, and cook on low! Add some
              salt if you want. Delicious!

              Merce

              --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, Jgirlsemail@a... wrote:
              > Hi!
              > What is everyone's favorite crockpot recipe for pork chops?
              > thanks!
              >
              > Julie
              > Classicalthings for the homeschool
              > Ebay Id Classicalthings

            • LWR
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 21, 2006
                Pork Chops

                4-6 pork chops
                1 can cream of mushroom soup
                1 can cream of chicken soup
                1 pkg. pork gravy mix
                3/4 can of chicken broth
                Everglades seasoning

                Directions

                Sprinkle pork chops well with Everglades seasoning (if you don't have
                everglades seasoning you can use season salt). In a small bowl combine
                cream of mushsroom soup, cream of chicken soup, pork gravy pkg. and
                broth. Stir until well mixed. Pour half the mixture into the bottom of
                the crockpot. Add pork chops and top with the remaining mixture. Cook
                on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve over rice or mashed
                potatoes..