Bone-in Porkchops w/out liquid?

  • Maria Rost Rublee
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4 3:15 AM
      Hi, Raielene (and everyone), Teri is the one that posted that message -- I
      just forwarded it to the group.

      I've never tried bone-in pork chops but to be honest, if I were to do it,
      I would add liquid. I think Teri said to use the blade steaks b/c they
      have alot of marbeling -- if I did do it without liquid, I would try it
      when I was home b/c you don't want to overcook it.

      Teri, do you have any other insights for us?

      Maria

      On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Raielene wrote:

      > So let me get this straight... I could take a couple bone-in chops,
      > stick them in my crockpot and cook them just plain like that? And
      > they'll turn out tender? How long would I cook them for?
      > ~Raielene

    • Kimberly
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4 4:25 AM
        Raielene,

        Don't use the bone-in chops. I did once and the chops cooked long enough to get very tender but the bones did too. The bones ended up splintering (for lack of a better word), went to pieces some small and some large. Not a good thing when 3 kids are eating the pork chops. I know use the boneless pork chops. Yes, they get very tender.

        Kimberly