need ideas

  • fereday@inteliport.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
      Are there any vegetarian recipes that you can use in the crock pot?

      Lisa Fereday
      fereday@...
    • Gail Allen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
        > Are there any vegetarian recipes that you can use in the crock pot?
        >
        > Lisa Fereday

        ================
        This was posted here previously and is delicious. I have also added broth
        to make it more of a stew.

        ================
        WONDERFUL CROCKPOT LENTILS (1 POINT)
        1 3/4 cups lentils - rinsed
        2 large onions - chopped
        2 cloves garlic - minced
        2 cups canned tomatoes -- chopped, with liquid
        2 cups water -- or stock
        2 large carrots - sliced
        1/2 cup sliced celery
        1 bell pepper - diced
        2 tablespoons chopped parsley
        1 bay leaf
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        1/8 teaspoon marjoram
        1/8 teaspoon sage
        1/8 teaspoon thyme
        1/2 pound reduced fat cheddar cheese -- shredded *

        Place all ingredients, except the cheese, in the crock pot and cook on the
        HIGH setting for 2-1/2 hours, or until the lentils are tender. Stir in the
        cheese until it is melted and serve. Serves 8 to 10.
      • Myron Menaker
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
          Dear Lisa,

          Here's one of my favorites:

          Crockpot Ratatouille

          1 Jar spaghetti sauce
          1 Eggplant, chopped (peeled or unpeeled)
          2 Tomatoes, chopped coarse
          2 small Zucchini, sliced
          1 Green bell pepper in 1" pcs
          1 large Onion, chopped
          3 Cloves garlic minced
          1 teaspoon basil leaves
          1 teaspoon oregano
          (red pepper flakes, to taste)

          In large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Pour into crockpot.
          Cover; cook on LOW for 8 - 10 hours.

          Good hot or cold. I sometimes make bruschetta, by toasting Italian or
          French bread slices in the broiler with a large dollop of ratatouille on
          them....until bubbly. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if you like.

          A quick "gourmet" lunch for your guests! Also good in tortillas, crepes
          or omelettes!

          Have a nice weekend!

          Myron

          PS Please join me for "Cooking with Beach Boy," Sundays at 9pm ET, at:

          http://busycooks.about.com/home/busycooks/mpchat.htm

          fereday@... wrote:

          > Are there any vegetarian recipes that you can use in the crock pot?
          >
          > Lisa Fereday
          > fereday@...

          Myron Menaker Daytona Beach FL USA
          myronm@... |
          \ / _\/_
          Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes! |