[slowcooker] Bean soup recipe

  • Steven Miale
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 1998
      I just made this and am eating it now... yummy!

      Bean Soup
      ---------
      1 lb dried lima beans (or probably any kind of bean)
      1 stalk celery ---|
      3 carrots | all approximate
      quarter cabbage |
      1/3 lb or so of spinach --|
      6 cups stock
      pepper, salt, and garlic powder to taste

      Soak lima beans (I did a quick soak, by boiling them and letting them cool.)

      In a crockput, put in sliced celery, sliced carrots, and cut-up cabbage and
      spinach. Add soaked and drained beans. Add stock, and cook on low for 8
      hours (you may want to put this on high near the end.) While still in the
      pot, add lots of garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper to taste,
      salt if you like. Serve with bread.