roast chicken

  • craftcrzy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2001
      Hi! I am fairly new to this group. My friend forwarded it to me and I
      have really enjoyed looking at all the great recipes.

      I do have a question though...

      I attempted to make a whole chicken in the crock, and when it was
      about done, the skin on my chicken was not brown or anything...I
      ended up putting it under the broiler to crisp up the skin. I also
      had trouble with the veggies I put under the chicken to hold it out
      of its juices. The potatoes were under done and the celery was
      overdone. I cut them all about the same size and put them in the
      bottom of the pot. I even cut the back bone out of the chicken so it
      would lay on the veggies more even..

      what did I do wrong???

      oh and I didnt add any additional liquid...should I have?

      thanks so much,
      Angie