[slowcooker] Re: Bacon question

  • Kathy Gallagher
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 1998
      When I did Once-A-Month Cooking, I tried putting uncooked bacon in recipes
      and thought that it would be okay. I never found that it really cooked. It
      was not flavorful, either. I always precook bacon now.

      Kathy in Edmonton :)

    • Kathy Gallagher
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 1998
        But bacon doesn't have as much taste if it isn't fried. It cooked
        but it didn't have as much flavor. Also my children gagged on it because it
        was too "sinewy". If I want flavor I precook.

        Like all other cooking utensils, a crockpot does some things great
        and other things not so well.

        Kathy in Edmonton :)