RE: Dump Cake

  • Beverly
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2001
      Many have asked for the Dump Cake recipe
      Nancy sent back a message which came to me directly because of how the settings for the group are. I'm certain she meant for the entire group to see this recipe. this is pretty much the dump cake recipe too.. the only difference I have in the dump cake is we don't add any cinnamon and the butter is one stick = 1/2 Cup and just crumbled on top of the entire dish when baked. 2 Cans of fruit filling is what we usually use too.
      Beverly

      This is very similar to a recipe known as Pake. It's even listed that
      way in our church cookbook.

      1 or 2 cans of any fruit pie filling
      1 cake mix--I usually use spice, yellow or white.
      2 T. cinnamon
      1/2-3/4 c. melted butter

      Spread the pie filling in a 9 X 13 pan ( I use 2 cans for this size)
      Sprinkle 1 T of cinnamon over pie filling
      Add dry cake mix evenly over the pie filling .
      Sprinkle other T of cinnamon
      Drizzle butter

      Bake 45-60" at 350°

      This is especially good using apple and a spice cake. I've never added
      nuts but I'll keep it in mind the next time I do this one. This is so
      easy and handy to take to pot luck dinners.
      Nancy K
      =================

      Beverly
      Delightful Dessert
      1 (21 ounce) can cherry or apple pie filling 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package
      yellow cake mix 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
      1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
      Place pie filling in your slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter
      (mixture will be crumbly); sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle with walnuts.
      Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. Serve in bowls.

    • Martha Halter
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2005
        Please help, can this be done in the Slow Cooker and if so How?
        I have not tried this recipe.

        Thanks so much
        Martha

        Dump Cobbler

        1 pkg yellow or white cake mix
        2 cans pie filling or 1 lg can fruit cocktail
        Cinnamon
        Butter

        Pour cans of filling or fruit cocktail in bottom of dutch oven.
        Sprinkle cake mix over top of fruit, DO NOT STIR! Sprinkle with
        cinnamon and cut pads of butter and let fall on surface. DO NOT STIR,
        it will burn. Cover and bake until bubbly and top is lightly browned,
        about 30-45 min. Any combination of fruits can be used. I recommend 1
        can apple filling and 1 can of fruit cocktail.

      • Katherine Evans
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2005
          No did not use pie filling the recipe called for a can of plain ole peaches. I'll try again with pie filling, thanks for the tip!

          Kathy

          Geini & Kathy
          A shop of love and warmth. Hand made gifts or personal luxuries, made by a mother and daughter team.
          http://www.geini-and-kathy.com