Review: Lemon Oregano Chicken

  • AMMahnke@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
      I made the Lemon Oregano Chicken the other day. I give it a two thumbs
      up! It was so tasty and delicious! The chicken was very moist and the
      potatoes cooked beautifully with no grey color! I think next time I
      will brown the chicken first, plus add some carrots with the potatoes.
      Those looking for recipes with no cream soups will really enjoy this.
      It required slightly more effort than the "dump and cook" recipes but is
      well worth it. Even DH and kiddies liked it. :) Many thanks for the
      post.

      Angi in MI

      Lemon Oregano Chicken

      1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
      1/4 cup olive oil, may use up to 1/2 cup
      1 large fryer chicken, cut up
      2 teaspoons salt
      1/8 teaspoon pepper
      1 tablespoon oregano leaves
      Juice of 2 lemons
      Peeled potatoes, cut in wedges (I use 5 or 6)
      Heat butter or margarine and oil together, add lemon juice. Place
      potatoes in crock pot. Mix together salt, pepper and oregano. Pour 1/2
      of the oil mixture over potatoes and sprinkle with about 1/3 of the
      spices. Add 1/2 of the chicken and sprinkle with another 1/3 of the
      spices. Add the rest of the chicken, pour the other 1/2 of oil over and
      sprinkle with remaining spices. Bake on low for about 8 hours or on high
      for 4 to 5 hours.
    • Susan Efrat
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
        Does anyone know if you can make this with boned, skinless chicken
        breasts instead?

        Thanks!

        susan

        >I made the Lemon Oregano Chicken the other day. I give it a two thumbs
        >up! It was so tasty and delicious! The chicken was very moist and the
        >potatoes cooked beautifully with no grey color! I think next time I
        >will brown the chicken first, plus add some carrots with the potatoes.
        >Those looking for recipes with no cream soups will really enjoy this.
        >It required slightly more effort than the "dump and cook" recipes but is
        >well worth it. Even DH and kiddies liked it. :) Many thanks for the
        >post.
        >
        >Angi in MI
        >
        >Lemon Oregano Chicken
        >
        >1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
        >1/4 cup olive oil, may use up to 1/2 cup
        >1 large fryer chicken, cut up
        >2 teaspoons salt
        >1/8 teaspoon pepper
        >1 tablespoon oregano leaves
        >Juice of 2 lemons
        >Peeled potatoes, cut in wedges (I use 5 or 6)
        >Heat butter or margarine and oil together, add lemon juice. Place
        >potatoes in crock pot. Mix together salt, pepper and oregano. Pour 1/2
        >of the oil mixture over potatoes and sprinkle with about 1/3 of the
        >spices. Add 1/2 of the chicken and sprinkle with another 1/3 of the
        >spices. Add the rest of the chicken, pour the other 1/2 of oil over and
        >sprinkle with remaining spices. Bake on low for about 8 hours or on high
        >for 4 to 5 hours.

        Susan Efrat
        Everything English!
        siefrat@...