[slowcooker] Digest Version?

  • Mimi B.
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
      *snip*
      Hi Mimi,
      Do me a favor and answer a dumb question I have. What does digest
      version mean, like pertaining to messages we post on this coupon list? I
      always wondered but never asked!
      Thanks, Marsha
      *snip*

      Hi Marsha,
      First, thanks for starting this list! :)

      A digest version of a mailing list such as this one is where you get all
      the days messages in one e-mail, once per day. Some people prefer this
      option because they are not able to check e-mail but once per day.

      Hope this clears it up for you!

      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
      Mimi :]
      Mimi's Cooksbox:
      http://welcome.to/mimiscooksbox
      Mimi's Mailbox:
      mimisbox@...
      "Kitchen gadgets are our friends"
      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

    • connie gallagher
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
        So,will we be able to get the digest version?

        ~~Connie~~

        ----
        Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/
      • Marsha Aemisegger
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
          Hi Mimi, I can't imagine getting all messages together! I feel a lot of
          good stuff is gone when you don't get to response ASAP! Guess it works for
          some. Thanks so much and BTW I didn't start this list, it was Maria Rublee
          I think her name is spelled. But I sure am enjoying it so far! LOL. Marsha

          ----------
          > From: Mimi B. <mimisbox@...>
          > To: slowcooker@...
          > Subject: [slowcooker] Digest Version?
          > Date: Thursday, July 02, 1998 12:20 PM
          >
          > *snip*
          > Hi Mimi,
          > Do me a favor and answer a dumb question I have. What does digest
          > version mean, like pertaining to messages we post on this coupon list? I
          > always wondered but never asked!
          > Thanks, Marsha
          > *snip*
          >
          > Hi Marsha,
          > First, thanks for starting this list! :)
          >
          > A digest version of a mailing list such as this one is where you get all
          > the days messages in one e-mail, once per day. Some people prefer this
          > option because they are not able to check e-mail but once per day.
          >
          > Hope this clears it up for you!
          >
          > ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
          > Mimi :]
          > Mimi's Cooksbox:
          > http://welcome.to/mimiscooksbox
          > Mimi's Mailbox:
          > mimisbox@...
          > "Kitchen gadgets are our friends"
          > ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

          ----
          Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/
        • Maria Rost Rublee
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
            From what I understand, makelist.com does not support digest versions of
            listserve. However, I'm going to e-mail them and find out for sure. If a
            digest version is available, then you will have the option of
            unsubscribing to the regular version and re-subscribing to the digest form
            (meaning you get many messages all in one e-mail).

            I was not able to answer these questions right away because I was at
            Chinese class and then didn't get home until now. Being a student, I
            usually have time to check my e-mail several times a day, but sometimes it
            gets crazy and I'm not able to.

            Maria

            ----
            Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/slowcooker/