Congratulation Maria + Recipe to make legal.

  • Helen Deacey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2001
      Thanks Maria for running a good List, I am not sure when I joined but I love
      it, got some good recipes and I hope I have sent a few.

      Helen, Brampton, ON, Canada

      * Exported from MasterCook *

      Chili Grande (4 WW Points)

      Recipe By :Successful Living with Diabetes® September/October 2000
      Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
      Categories : 123 Points Beef
      Crockpot

      3/4 pound beef stew meat -- cut into 1/2" pieces
      1 tablespoon salt-free Mexican seasoning
      15 1/2 ounces chili beans in zesty sauce -- (1 can), undrained
      14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes -- no-salt-added, undrained
      10 ounces chopped green peppers -- frozen (1 pkg.)
      (about 3 cups) -- *see Note 1
      1 cup chopped frozen onions -- *see Note 2
      Fresh cilantro sprigs -- optional

      Note 1 & 2 used fresh peppers and onions, in place of frozen.

      Place first 6 ingredients in a 4 or 5 quart electric slow cooker; stir well.
      Cover and cook on high setting 4 hours. Or, cover and cook on high setting
      1 hour; reduce to low setting; and cook 7 hours. Garnish with fresh
      cilantro, if desired,
      Yield: 6 (1-1/2 cup) servings.

      S(MC formatted & WW Points by):
      "Helen D. (hdeacey1@...) Oct. 5/00"

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 195 Calories; 6g Fat (24.5% calories
      from fat); 17g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 31mg
      Cholesterol; 384mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2
      Vegetable.

      Serving Ideas : Serve chili with low-fat tortilla chips and fresh pineapple
      slices.

      NOTES : Nutritional Values according to recipe:
      Per serving: Calories 256, Protein 22.9 g, Fat 4.0 g, Carbohydrate 38.3 g,
      Fiber 9.4 g, Cholesterol 32 mg, Sodium 722 mg.
      Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Starch, 2 Vegetables, 2 Lean Meat WW Points: 4
      (using MC Nutr. Values 3 points)
      Nutr. Assoc. : 0 2130706543 0 0 0 2130706543 0 2130706543