44456Re: [slowcooker] Cooking grains in Slow Cooker

  • Lance M
    Dec 23, 2013
      I haven't done any other grains but white and brown rice in a rice
      cooker, so can't comment from experience about anything else.
      I doubt it would do tougher grains like oats/oatmeal very well tho. I'd
      definitely get a crockpot for those.
      A ricecooker probably would cook faster than a crockpot, but that's not
      necessarily a good thing. ...and I wouldn't leave it on overnite like I
      would a crockpot either.

      I'd say experiment with the grains you use in the rice cooker you
      already have. What doesn't work all that well, try a crockpot.
      But I'd also say get a crockpot anyway. It's is good for so many other
      things tho, it's cheap, doesn't take up much space and versatile. I
      consider it my #1 appliance. Well, maybe after a microwave anyway.