44451Re: [slowcooker] Cooking grains in Slow Cooker

  • Lance M
    Dec 21, 2013
      No, none of the crockpots I know of have a sensor to detect when the
      temp gets past a certain point like rice cookers do. They are made to
      come to a certain temp and stay there until turned off (or after a
      certain amount of time they drop to low.)
      But they do make a great pot of oatmeal overnite, and can handle many
      other grains quite well.

      What I would do is find a crockpot (slowcooker of whatever brand) at a
      good will or other thrift store. (remember, the older the better, imho.
      if you can find a 70's crockpot with a glass lid, you've hit the
      jackpot!) Probably will only cost about $10. Try it during the day when
      you can check on it periodically, then you'll know how long you can
      leave it to itself.