44411RE: Advice needed for new crockpot

  • asolemate
    Oct 12, 2013
      Mike,
      What is the 3 in 1?  I am in search of a new crock pot having just purchased the Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook.
      I was thinking of the 3.5 qt. Cuisinart.  Anybody know anything about this one?

      Thanks!

      ---In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, <timeforrosemary@...> wrote:

      Hello pj.

      I have the three in one and love it.
      I have done a whole chicken many time and it always comes out perfect.
      Have had mine for some time now and use it almost every week.
      I hope this helps you.

      Your friend in food
      Mike

      Sent from my iPad

      On Oct 5, 2013, at 4:29 PM, PJ <pjahns@...> wrote:

      I'm sad to say my 20 + year old Rival Crockpot quit working today.  There has been a lot of discussion in the past about new crockpots cooking too fast and if I recall correctly, the Hamilton Beach 3 in 1 got good reviews on this list.

      I am considering the Hamilton Beach, but am wondering if anyone has cooked a whole chicken in it.  My old Rival was the tall, round style and a small chicken sat upright in it and cooked very well.

      Any other thoughts about a good replacement?

      Thanks in advance,
      PJ
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic