44407Re: [slowcooker] How does it freeze?

  • Sally Morgan
    Oct 25, 2013
      I am going to try it
      Tks everyone

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 24, 2013, at 9:32 PM, Lance M <monarch@...> wrote:

      There are similar recipes all over the place, but they're basically the
      same: take a bag of hash browns, a dozen eggs, one or two pounds of meat
      (sausage, bacon, ham, whatever you want), a chopped onion, maybe a
      chopped green pepper, a bunch of shredded cheese.
      Layer in thirds in the cp, pour scrambled eggs over top, salt and pepper
      of course, cook on low six or eight hrs or so. Brown the meat
      Serve alone or with salsa. Yum.
      (gotta fiddle with it to get the taters vs meat/cheese ratio just right,
      but its good anywhichway.)

      >Never tried breakfast in crockpot
      >Is it posted
      >Got retreat gals coming worth trying
      >Sent from my iPhone
      >> On Oct 21, 2013, at 8:16 AM, WAC <misty1451tory@...> wrote:
      >> I've never made the crockpot version, but I make all sorts of hashbrown casseroles in the oven and they freeze beautifully. I've usually got several versions in the freezer because it's a favorite meal for us. It looks like it's the same thing, just made in a crockpot. I'd say try it and see if you like it.
      >> From: Lance M <monarch@...>
      >> Everyone knows the 'standard' crockpot breakfast casserole, right?
      >> hashbrowns, sausage, eggs, cheese, onion, maybe peppers.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic