44397Re: [slowcooker] RE: Help Wanted - chicken thighs, fall, soup

  • KT
    Oct 13 3:32 PM

      This recipe is included in the slowcooker  cookbook here in the files. It's been a while since I made it, but remember it was good.

      Golfer's Chicken

      4 to 5 lbs chicken thighs (or breasts)
      1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
      1 bottle Russian dressing
      1 jar Apricot Jam

      Mix last 3 ingredients, pour over chicken. Cook in crockpot for 6-8 hrs
      on LOW or 4-5 hours on High. Seve over rice.

      I wondered, since it is so simple, but decided to give it a try. I also added a
      can of chickpeas, for some fiber. About 4 hours in, I decided it was all just
      too tan, so I added some mixed vegetables and celery.
      Put it over rice, and it was a hit! Just tangy enough. It's in my notebook for
      future use!

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic