4116[slowcooker] Review: Side Dishes

  • latshaw4@worldnet.att.net
    Jul 14, 1999
      I made the Hidden Valley Ranch Potatoes. Wonderful side dish, I only
      made 1/2 the recipe, and it seemed done after 5 hours vs 7-9 as stated.
      I used it alongside eggs & bacon for "breakfast for dinner" :)
      -diane

      <1281284491-4678372-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/slowcooker/?start=4052
      > Here are 4 sides recipes from another crockpot list that I am on - I
      > apologize that I don't have anybody's names or where the recipes came
      from.
      > I haven't made any of these, but they all sound delicious!
      > Stephanie
      >
      > Hidden Valley Ranch Potatoes
      >
      > 2 bags of frozen hash browns, semi-thawed
      > 2 8oz pkg. cream cheese
      > 2 envelopes Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
      > 2 cans cream of potato soup
      >
      > Put potatoes in crock pot. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl and
      add
      > to potatoes. Stir well. Cook on low 7-9 hours. Stir before serving.
      >
      > -----------------------
      >
      > Slow-Cooked Corn Pudding
      >
      > 1/4 cup chopped onion
      > 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
      > 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
      > 1 16-oz can cream-style corn
      > 4 large eggs
      > 1/2 cup evaporated milk
      > 1/2 teaspoon salt
      > 1/4 teaspoon pepper
      >
      > Saute onion and green pepper until slightly softened; add tomato and
      > saute for 1 minute more. In medium-sized bowl, whisk together the
      eggs,
      > milk, creamed corn and seasonings; add the sauteed vegetables.
      Lightly

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/slowcooker