40809Re: Good meatball recipes?

  • Mary E Young
    Feb 6, 2010
      [Moderator's note: I'm sure these could easily be adapted to the crockpot.]

      This is the sweet-and-sour meatball recipe from my 1982 BC cookbook. I
      have a note by the recipe that I made them and they were great. Haven't
      made them in a while. Might have to! I do use the Meatball recipe
      itself often. Do you think these are the ones your family enjoyed?

      Meatballs

      1 lb hamburger
      1/2 c dry bread crumbs
      1/4 c milk
      2 Tbsp finely chopped onions
      1 tsp salt
      1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
      1 egg
      Mix ingredients. Shape into 1.5 inch balls. Cook over medium heat,
      turning occasionally, until brown, about 20 minutes. Or (as I do) cook
      in ungreased 13x9x2 pan in 400 defgree oven until light brown, 20-25
      minutes. 4 servings.

      Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs
      Meatballs
      1/2 c packed brown sugar
      1 Tbsp cornstarch
      1 can (13 oz) pineapple chunks
      1/3 c vinegar
      1 Tbsp soy sauce
      1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped

      Cook meatballs and remove. Drain fat from skillet. Mix brown sugar and
      cornstarch in skillet. Sit in pineapple with syrup, vinegar and soy
      sauce. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Add meatballs.
      Cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in green pepper.
      Cover. Simmer until crisp-tendeer, 5 minutes. 4 servings
      Weight Loss Program
      Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=ubmOmlsKHKbRJkk_D7LDygAAJ1CGINB_Lx94c2qfABwbjXcDAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEUgAAAAA=
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic