4052[slowcooker] Side Dishes

  • Stephanie Smith
    Jul 1 7:01 AM
      Here are 4 sides recipes from another crockpot list that I am on - I
      apologize that I don't have anybody's names or where the recipes came from.
      I haven't made any of these, but they all sound delicious!
      Stephanie

      Hidden Valley Ranch Potatoes

      2 bags of frozen hash browns, semi-thawed
      2 8oz pkg. cream cheese
      2 envelopes Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
      2 cans cream of potato soup

      Put potatoes in crock pot. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl and add
      to potatoes. Stir well. Cook on low 7-9 hours. Stir before serving.

      -----------------------

      Slow-Cooked Corn Pudding

      1/4 cup chopped onion
      1/4 cup chopped green pepper
      1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
      1 16-oz can cream-style corn
      4 large eggs
      1/2 cup evaporated milk
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1/4 teaspoon pepper

      Saute onion and green pepper until slightly softened; add tomato and
      saute for 1 minute more. In medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs,
      milk, creamed corn and seasonings; add the sauteed vegetables. Lightly
      grease a 3 & 1/2 court crock pot or a souffle dish which fits in a
      larger crock pot and pour the mixture in. Cook on HIGH
      2 & 1/2 to 3 hours; add grated cheese to the top and cook until cheese
      is melted.

      ----------------------

      Sweet Sweet-Potatoes

      2- pounds sweet potatoes---peel and grated
      1/3- cup brown sugar---packed good
      1/4- cup butter---melted
      1/4- cup coconut---flaked
      1/4- cup broken pecans---toasted
      1/4- teaspoon cinnamon
      1/4- teaspoon coconut extract
      1/4- teaspoon vanilla

      In a crockpot, combine potatoes, sugar, butter, coconut, pecans and
      cinnamon. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4
      hours. Stir in coconut and vanilla extracts.

      ------------------

      Cream Cheese Potatoes

      Recipe By : Rival/Favorite Brand Name Slow Cooker Recipes & More
      Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
      Categories : Crock Pot Vegetables

      2 tablespoons minced or chopped dried onion
      2 cloves garlic, minced
      OR 1/4 tsp garlic powder
      1 teaspoon salt
      8 medium potatoes, scrubbed -- sliced
      1 package cream cheese -- cubed

      Lightly grease Crock-Pot. In small bowl, combine onion, garlic, salt and
      pepper. Layer 1/4 of sliced potatoes in bottom of Crock-Pot. Sprinkle
      with 1/4 seasonings. Layer with 1/3 cream cheese cubes. Continue layering
      process, ending with layer of potatoes then sprinkle with seasonings.
      Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours. In last hour of cooking, stir
      potatoes to distribute cream cheese. Serve when potatoes are tender.
      Serves 4 to 6.

      Note: Potatoes can be slightly mashed before serving.

      Time saving tip: Cook potatoes in boiling water for about 30 minutes or
      until tender then cut into strips. Mixture should be cooked on low 6 to 8
      hours or on high 2 hous or until potatoes are tender.
      2. Substitute 32 oz. frozen hashbrowns for potatoes and prepare as
      directed. Cook on low 4 to 6 hours or on high 2 hours.

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/slowcooker