38030Re: [slowcooker] Re: Risotto

  • siharmon@aol.com
    Aug 27, 2008
      Thanks, well, I'll double the recipe or try a smaller pot... It was good
      either way!

      In a message dated 8/27/2008 2:13:38 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      drcorr@... writes:

      Scott,

      I use a 2 1/2 quart round rival for this recipe - I have not had that
      experience. My guess
      is that the smaller pot probably worked better. I am sorry that I did not
      include that.

      Dee

      > One question: The top was just fine, but the bottom of the risotto was a
      > little gummy... is this what you usually see? A good sauce solves it
      either
      > way, but I was just curious...
      >
      > Finally, I used a liner, which would be a good idea if you cook this rice
      > too long.
      >
      > Scott
      >

      > In a message dated 8/17/2008 11:38:09 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      > drcorr@... writes:
      >

      > Someone asked me to post to the group the risotto and fish recipes.
      >

      > I have made this with both white wine and all chicken broth.
      > This recipe comes from Lora Brody, Slowcooker Cooking
      >
      > Risotto with Parmesan
      >
      > One quarter cup of olive oil
      > 2 Shallots, peeled and minced
      > One and one quarter cups Arborio rice
      > One quarter cup white wine
      > Three and three/quarter cups chicken broth
      > 1 tsp salt
      > One half to two-thirds cup freshly grated parmesan
      >
      > Heat the oil in a small sauté pan and sauté the shallots until they
      > have softened
      > (If your slow cooker insert fits into the microwave you can soften
      > the shallots there)
      > Scrape into insert. Add the rice to the insert and coat the rice with
      > the oil.
      >
      > Stir in the wine, broth and salt. Cook on high for about two hours or
      > until all the liquid is absorbed.
      >
      > Stir in the cheese just before serving.
      >
      > Dee
      >

      > ************ ************<WBR>**It's only a deal if it's where you want to