34015Re: Risotto

  • deb62862
    Apr 1, 2007
      I can't recall who it was, but some guest chef on a Food Network show
      recently made risotto with regular long grain rice because he said
      that's what he prefered. Just remember that it may not come out the
      same consistancy because of differing starch contents in the different
      types of rice. I personally use rice I buy in a clear plastic
      container at Kroger labeled "risotto rice."

      --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, Sara Kokajko
      <goodnessgracious04@...> wrote:

      > Can ya'll tell me if it is necessary to use Arborio Rice or can I use
      any regular generic rice? Long grain, short grain?