ostrosnik-wickernik families near celje and ljubliana

  • zippy662002it
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2002
      Hello,
      I'm searching my ancestors in the celje area. Maria Wickernik,
      born in 1847, she had a father named Michael and she
      emigrated to Blue island, Illinois, USA, she had a daughter , Mary
      Ostrosnik, born in 1872 in Slovenia that emigrated to USA in
      1914 or a little later...she inherited all the family fortune and
      castle(called dom uran) with four meter walls near celje or
      lubiana where the family lived , but couldn't get back because of
      the war and lost it all. I am looking for the family now. Please , if
      you have any information please let me know. I am also
      searching the family of Frank Ostrosnik, born in 1840 near celje,
      .He was an adopted son, and took on the ostrosnik name as his
      family died of plague in slovenia. My name is mary de francesco
      and my e-mail is defrancescow@... if you have any info.
      thank you!