Re: Family name Stres

  • zlebck
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
      --- In sloveniangenealogyforum@yahoogroups.com, stresm
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I am researching my family name Stres, can any body give some
      > information on where it derived from?

      Hello !

      Stres families in Slovenia can be located mainly in two regions -
      Stajerska and Primorska. Do you have any additional information ?

      Kind regards
      Janja
    • stresm
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
        --- In sloveniangenealogyforum@yahoogroups.com, "zlebck"
        <ojanja@g...> wrote:
        > --- In sloveniangenealogyforum@yahoogroups.com, stresm
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > I am researching my family name Stres, can any body give some
        > > information on where it derived from?
        >
        > Hello !
        >
        > Stres families in Slovenia can be located mainly in two regions -
        > Stajerska and Primorska. Do you have any additional information ?
        >
        > Kind regards
        > Janja

        Hi'
        My father was born in Ljubljana 1913, His parents died in 1915? Due
        to plague.

        Regards
        Mark
      • Janja
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
          Hi'
          My father was born in Ljubljana 1913, His parents died in 1915? Due
          to plague.

          Regards
          Mark
          -------------------

          Hi Mark,

          I'm sorry, but plague was cause of death in previous centuries, not in
          20th century, I believe. Doesn't matter, I can have a look if you
          like. Do you have more exact father's birth date ? In Ljubljana or
          somewhere around Ljubljana ?

          Regards
          Janja
        • stresm
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2004
            --- In sloveniangenealogyforum@yahoogroups.com, Janja <ojanja@g...>
            wrote:
            > Hi'
            > My father was born in Ljubljana 1913, His parents died in 1915? Due
            > to plague.
            >
            > Regards
            > Mark
            > -------------------
            >
            > Hi Mark,
            >
            > I'm sorry, but plague was cause of death in previous centuries, not
            in
            > 20th century, I believe. Doesn't matter, I can have a look if you
            > like. Do you have more exact father's birth date ? In Ljubljana or
            > somewhere around Ljubljana ?
            >
            > Regards
            > Janja
            Hello Janja
            My father was born on the 30th November 1913, in Ljubljana his
            parents died approx. two years later and brought up in a Catholic
            orphanage.

            Regards
            Mark