Slovenian Genealogy Forum Website

  • Jesenovec
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 21 1:48 PM
    • dolphin384
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 7, 2000
        Hi, Im looking for any information on the Colnaric family...for a family tree
      • jag1945
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 3, 2000
          I am seeking information on my family: Sodja from
          Mackovec pri Suhorju, Slovenia/Tomec from Podklanec 29,
          Slovenia/Ostronic from Golek, Slovenia/ Klemencic (Clemencich)from
          Sila,Slovenia & Klemencic from Mackovec 6, Slovenia.
        • Stopnik
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 19 5:19 PM
            Genealogy information regarding Vace and Hinje,
            Slovenia,
          • spludunker
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 7, 2001
              Has anyone ever heard of these two names. The are both suppose to be slovenian but I can find very little on either of them.....thanks
            • kimpozar
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 10, 2001
                My Grandpa was John Pozar, My Grandam was Johanna Cvar from small towns outsid of ljublana... just thought i'd drop that off
              • spludunker
                Message 7 of 21 , May 11, 2001
                  Hi, has anyone ever heard of this lodge. I am going to join. There is alot about the Slovenian culture and such there.
                • kimpozar
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 16, 2001
                    saw something about it... let us know how it goes. and if they serve good food.
                  • spludunker
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 11, 2001
                      Hi this may be a silly thing but I have to ask.
                      My grandma use to make the best pot of chicken and
                      rice in the world. I don't know if it is a recipe her
                      mother gave her or if it just something she came up
                      with. Is there a special Slovenian recipe for chicken
                      and rice? Also does anyone make potica? do you use
                      honey in it??? Thanks for letting me post these silly
                      little questions.....
                    • geniemarie.geo
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 2, 2001
                        My family came from Austria/Hungary, Slovenia and
                        Wales. Most settled in the area of Bethlehem, Easton,
                        Bangor PA and surrounding towns in Northampton CO. Some
                        were farmers, shoemakers, miners, steel and factory
                        workers. Also been told there were relatives living in
                        Carbon CO, Palmerton
                        (Slovenia)>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA<br>KOVACS, Joseph 1886-1965
                        Austria/HUN>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA <br><br>KOVACH, KOVACS: James
                        born Veszprem Megye area in HUN, a farmer. Believe his
                        wife�s maiden name was NEMETH. There were at least two
                        children: Joseph 1886-1965 and Mary. Mary married and
                        stayed in Hungary�Joseph came to the USA early 1900�s�He
                        later switch surname spelling from Kovach to Kovacs.
                        Sobota, YUG (Slovenia) Her mother�s maiden name was
                        SIFTAR, father was Joseph SKRABAN <br><br>Theresa�s birth
                        certificate listed her parents as farmers. The certificate
                        shows the address as Strukovci st.21. It also shows:
                        �Krajevni ured Bodonci.� If the translation from her birth
                        certificate is correct, her godparents were Stefan GYERJEK
                        and Lajos SINIC. I have no info on them but their
                        names. <br><br>Children of Joseph and Theresa
                        Kovacs:<br>1. Joseph, Jr: 1909-1942 spouse Reiter<br>2.
                        Katherine: 1912-1978 spouse Konya<br>3. Frank: 1915-1965
                        spouse Grabar<br>4. James: 1916-1937<br>5. Alex:
                        1919-1969 spouse Scheirer<br>6. Stephen: 1922-1979 spouse
                        Schwartz<br>7. Mary: 1924-1937<br>8. John: 1926-1992 spouse
                        Romig<br>9. Charles: 1928-1999 spouse Schrantz<br>10. William
                        Carbon CO, Palmerton area. According to his
                        birth<br>certificate, the eldest son was born in Carbon CO. I have no
                        paperwork but believe he was also baptized in
                        Palmerton.<br><br>If anyone has any additions or corrections, please
                        contact me privately. Thank you<br> <br>Take
                        care<br>Genie
                        Williams, Eustis
                      • recruitingpost
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 17, 2001
                          I am researching Nicolas "Nick" Spillar, b. 1874,
                          Slovenia or Hungary, and his wife Luisa "Louise" Lovrin,
                          b. 1877 Slovenia. Louise died of TB soon after the
                          birth of her 8th child, Charles.<br><br>Nick came to US
                          in 1880 at age 6. They married and lived their lives
                          in So. Chicago, sometimes in Whiting, Indiana (which
                          is contiguous to So. Chicago). He was a laborer in
                          the Iron Mills.<br><br>Their children (spelled their
                          surname various ways, Spillar, Spiller, Speller):<br>1.
                          Helen b. 1896 IL<br>2. Joseph Nicolas, b. 16 Feb 1898,
                          d. 27 Nov. 1977, Chicago.<br>3. Marian, b. 1901
                          IL<br>4. Annie, b. 1902-3 IL<br>5. John b. 8 Feb 1904, d.
                          Apr 1985 in Springfield, IL.<br>6. Rosie, b. 1906 IL
                          (may have married a Busich)<br>7. Julia, b. 1 Sep
                          1908, in Whiting, Lake Co., IN, d. Oct 1973 Cook Co.,
                          IL. (She married Jozo AKA Joe AKA "Adam" Busich of
                          Croatia.)<br>8. Charles, b. 24 Jan 1913, d. 15 Sep 1989, So.
                          Chicago, IL.
                        • rkuthan
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 28, 2001
                            I'm looking for any information (mainly genealogical)about lastname KUTHAN.If you know something, please, let me know. Thank you. <br>mail:rkuthan@...
                          • kocanija
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 29, 2001
                              I just received this past weekend the slovenian
                              online newsletter..andy one interested in getting
                              very interesting of the cleveland slovenian community