LOSKOT, LOSKOTA, LOSKOTOVA

  • Kelly_Peters
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 1999
      I am looking for anyone with the surname of
      Loskot or a derivative of Loskot. My family originally
      came from Prague (left there when it was still
      Bohemia) and moved to the Chicago area. James and Mary
      Loskot came with their three sons (Emil Bohumil, Frank
      R. and Joseph). Any information on these or any
      other Loskots would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    • Kelly_Peters
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 6, 1999
        Below you will find a list of Czech and Slovak
        societies, libraries and organizations:<br><br>California
        Czech and Slovak Club<br>727 Appleberry Drive<br>San
        Rafael, CA 94903<br>Phone: (415) 479-8483<br>Kathryn
        Betlach Dankowski, President<br>(Maps, dictionarys,
        novelty items, books; translation services available;
        Czech and Slovak genealogy, heritage, culture and
        Heritage Preservation Society, Inc.<br>Rt. 1, Box
        Society of Texas<br>4800 Spellman<br>Houston, TX
        Society International<br>P.O. Box 16225<br>Saint Paul, MN
        & Library<br>2701 South Harlem Avenue<br>Berwyn, IL
        Czech-american Historical Society<br>701 North Collington
        45<br>Hallttsville, TX 77964<br>Publisher of Nase Dejiny, The
        Magazine of Czech Genealogy<br><br>Old Mobeetie
        Association of Mobetie Jail Museum<br>Old Town<br>Mobeetie,
        TX 79061<br>Early Panhandle family histories and
        museum; archieves also include records of Czech Poban
        community).<br><br>Society for the History of Czechoslovak Jews,
        Warren Avenue<br>Dearborn Heights, MI 48127<br>Phone
        Third Street<br>P.O. Box 253<br>Wilber, NE
        68465<br>Phone (402) 821-2183
      • Fasola31
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 21, 1999
          Hello:<br><br>I am looking for the parents of
          Ignac Sepic, b. 1886 in Brzov(r)a,
          Austro-Hungary...Ignac emigrated from what is now Slovenia to the US in
          1903. His parents names were Ignac Sepic and Marija
          Kaston.<br><br>I also would like to hear from anyone who has been
          to Slovenia since I will be traveling there myself
        • Jesenovec
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 21, 1999
          • dolphin384
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 7, 2000
              Hi, Im looking for any information on the Colnaric family...for a family tree
            • jag1945
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 3, 2000
                I am seeking information on my family: Sodja from
                Mackovec pri Suhorju, Slovenia/Tomec from Podklanec 29,
                Slovenia/Ostronic from Golek, Slovenia/ Klemencic (Clemencich)from
                Sila,Slovenia & Klemencic from Mackovec 6, Slovenia.
              • Stopnik
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 19, 2000
                  Genealogy information regarding Vace and Hinje,
                  Slovenia,
                • spludunker
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 7, 2001
                    Has anyone ever heard of these two names. The are both suppose to be slovenian but I can find very little on either of them.....thanks
                  • kimpozar
                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 10, 2001
                      My Grandpa was John Pozar, My Grandam was Johanna Cvar from small towns outsid of ljublana... just thought i'd drop that off
                    • spludunker
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 11, 2001
                        Hi, has anyone ever heard of this lodge. I am going to join. There is alot about the Slovenian culture and such there.
                      • kimpozar
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 16, 2001
                          saw something about it... let us know how it goes. and if they serve good food.
                        • spludunker
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 11, 2001
                            Hi this may be a silly thing but I have to ask.
                            My grandma use to make the best pot of chicken and
                            rice in the world. I don't know if it is a recipe her
                            mother gave her or if it just something she came up
                            with. Is there a special Slovenian recipe for chicken
                            and rice? Also does anyone make potica? do you use
                            honey in it??? Thanks for letting me post these silly
                            little questions.....
                          • geniemarie.geo
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 2, 2001
                              My family came from Austria/Hungary, Slovenia and
                              Wales. Most settled in the area of Bethlehem, Easton,
                              Bangor PA and surrounding towns in Northampton CO. Some
                              were farmers, shoemakers, miners, steel and factory
                              workers. Also been told there were relatives living in
                              Carbon CO, Palmerton
                              (Slovenia)>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA<br>KOVACS, Joseph 1886-1965
                              Austria/HUN>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA <br><br>KOVACH, KOVACS: James
                              born Veszprem Megye area in HUN, a farmer. Believe his
                              wife�s maiden name was NEMETH. There were at least two
                              children: Joseph 1886-1965 and Mary. Mary married and
                              stayed in Hungary�Joseph came to the USA early 1900�s�He
                              later switch surname spelling from Kovach to Kovacs.
                              Sobota, YUG (Slovenia) Her mother�s maiden name was
                              SIFTAR, father was Joseph SKRABAN <br><br>Theresa�s birth
                              certificate listed her parents as farmers. The certificate
                              shows the address as Strukovci st.21. It also shows:
                              �Krajevni ured Bodonci.� If the translation from her birth
                              certificate is correct, her godparents were Stefan GYERJEK
                              and Lajos SINIC. I have no info on them but their
                              names. <br><br>Children of Joseph and Theresa
                              Kovacs:<br>1. Joseph, Jr: 1909-1942 spouse Reiter<br>2.
                              Katherine: 1912-1978 spouse Konya<br>3. Frank: 1915-1965
                              spouse Grabar<br>4. James: 1916-1937<br>5. Alex:
                              1919-1969 spouse Scheirer<br>6. Stephen: 1922-1979 spouse
                              Schwartz<br>7. Mary: 1924-1937<br>8. John: 1926-1992 spouse
                              Romig<br>9. Charles: 1928-1999 spouse Schrantz<br>10. William
                              Carbon CO, Palmerton area. According to his
                              birth<br>certificate, the eldest son was born in Carbon CO. I have no
                              paperwork but believe he was also baptized in
                              Palmerton.<br><br>If anyone has any additions or corrections, please
                              contact me privately. Thank you<br> <br>Take
                              care<br>Genie
                              Williams, Eustis
                            • recruitingpost
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 17, 2001
                                I am researching Nicolas "Nick" Spillar, b. 1874,
                                Slovenia or Hungary, and his wife Luisa "Louise" Lovrin,
                                b. 1877 Slovenia. Louise died of TB soon after the
                                birth of her 8th child, Charles.<br><br>Nick came to US
                                in 1880 at age 6. They married and lived their lives
                                in So. Chicago, sometimes in Whiting, Indiana (which
                                is contiguous to So. Chicago). He was a laborer in
                                the Iron Mills.<br><br>Their children (spelled their
                                surname various ways, Spillar, Spiller, Speller):<br>1.
                                Helen b. 1896 IL<br>2. Joseph Nicolas, b. 16 Feb 1898,
                                d. 27 Nov. 1977, Chicago.<br>3. Marian, b. 1901
                                IL<br>4. Annie, b. 1902-3 IL<br>5. John b. 8 Feb 1904, d.
                                Apr 1985 in Springfield, IL.<br>6. Rosie, b. 1906 IL
                                (may have married a Busich)<br>7. Julia, b. 1 Sep
                                1908, in Whiting, Lake Co., IN, d. Oct 1973 Cook Co.,
                                IL. (She married Jozo AKA Joe AKA "Adam" Busich of
                                Croatia.)<br>8. Charles, b. 24 Jan 1913, d. 15 Sep 1989, So.
                                Chicago, IL.
                              • rkuthan
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 28, 2001
                                  I'm looking for any information (mainly genealogical)about lastname KUTHAN.If you know something, please, let me know. Thank you. <br>mail:rkuthan@...
                                • kocanija
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 29, 2001
                                    I just received this past weekend the slovenian
                                    online newsletter..andy one interested in getting
                                    very interesting of the cleveland slovenian community