Bohl and Frick

  • sweeti773
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 30 3:57 PM
      I am look for any one that can help me find the
      fmaily of a Elizabeth Frick and Jaboc C Bohl. My husband
      is the grand child of these two people. His mother
      is 74 years of age and has problem with her health.
      Please help me. They lived in Polotsk before coming to
      the US in 1907. If you can help please email me.
    • rib_fallsmay
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 19, 1999
        looking for the surname of Stelzel, Retling or
        Siegel from the Austrain-Hungarian Empire Grandfather
        Leopold Stelzel born 3 dec. 1855 or 56 in St. Leonhard,
        Austria (carinthia) married Amelia Retling in
        Salgo-Tarjan 25 Oct. 1879 imigrated to US about 1880 Thank
        you. Leopolds Mother was marreid to a Stelzel later
        married a Siegel. Thier the trail ends
      • dhrlic
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 29, 1999
          are there any hrlic out there send to dhrlic@...
        • Kelly_Peters
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 1, 1999
            I am looking for anyone with the surname of
            Loskot or a derivative of Loskot. My family originally
            came from Prague (left there when it was still
            Bohemia) and moved to the Chicago area. James and Mary
            Loskot came with their three sons (Emil Bohumil, Frank
            R. and Joseph). Any information on these or any
            other Loskots would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
          • Kelly_Peters
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 6, 1999
              Below you will find a list of Czech and Slovak
              societies, libraries and organizations:<br><br>California
              Czech and Slovak Club<br>727 Appleberry Drive<br>San
              Rafael, CA 94903<br>Phone: (415) 479-8483<br>Kathryn
              Betlach Dankowski, President<br>(Maps, dictionarys,
              novelty items, books; translation services available;
              Czech and Slovak genealogy, heritage, culture and
              Heritage Preservation Society, Inc.<br>Rt. 1, Box
              Society of Texas<br>4800 Spellman<br>Houston, TX
              Society International<br>P.O. Box 16225<br>Saint Paul, MN
              & Library<br>2701 South Harlem Avenue<br>Berwyn, IL
              Czech-american Historical Society<br>701 North Collington
              45<br>Hallttsville, TX 77964<br>Publisher of Nase Dejiny, The
              Magazine of Czech Genealogy<br><br>Old Mobeetie
              Association of Mobetie Jail Museum<br>Old Town<br>Mobeetie,
              TX 79061<br>Early Panhandle family histories and
              museum; archieves also include records of Czech Poban
              community).<br><br>Society for the History of Czechoslovak Jews,
              Warren Avenue<br>Dearborn Heights, MI 48127<br>Phone
              Third Street<br>P.O. Box 253<br>Wilber, NE
              68465<br>Phone (402) 821-2183
            • Fasola31
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 21, 1999
                Hello:<br><br>I am looking for the parents of
                Ignac Sepic, b. 1886 in Brzov(r)a,
                Austro-Hungary...Ignac emigrated from what is now Slovenia to the US in
                1903. His parents names were Ignac Sepic and Marija
                Kaston.<br><br>I also would like to hear from anyone who has been
                to Slovenia since I will be traveling there myself
              • Jesenovec
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 21, 1999
                • dolphin384
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 7, 2000
                    Hi, Im looking for any information on the Colnaric family...for a family tree
                  • jag1945
                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 3, 2000
                      I am seeking information on my family: Sodja from
                      Mackovec pri Suhorju, Slovenia/Tomec from Podklanec 29,
                      Slovenia/Ostronic from Golek, Slovenia/ Klemencic (Clemencich)from
                      Sila,Slovenia & Klemencic from Mackovec 6, Slovenia.
                    • Stopnik
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 19, 2000
                        Genealogy information regarding Vace and Hinje,
                        Slovenia,
                      • spludunker
                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 7, 2001
                          Has anyone ever heard of these two names. The are both suppose to be slovenian but I can find very little on either of them.....thanks
                        • kimpozar
                          Message 12 of 21 , Feb 10, 2001
                            My Grandpa was John Pozar, My Grandam was Johanna Cvar from small towns outsid of ljublana... just thought i'd drop that off
                          • spludunker
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 11, 2001
                              Hi, has anyone ever heard of this lodge. I am going to join. There is alot about the Slovenian culture and such there.
                            • kimpozar
                              Message 14 of 21 , May 16, 2001
                                saw something about it... let us know how it goes. and if they serve good food.
                              • spludunker
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 11, 2001
                                  Hi this may be a silly thing but I have to ask.
                                  My grandma use to make the best pot of chicken and
                                  rice in the world. I don't know if it is a recipe her
                                  mother gave her or if it just something she came up
                                  with. Is there a special Slovenian recipe for chicken
                                  and rice? Also does anyone make potica? do you use
                                  honey in it??? Thanks for letting me post these silly
                                  little questions.....
                                • geniemarie.geo
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jul 2 11:39 AM
                                    My family came from Austria/Hungary, Slovenia and
                                    Wales. Most settled in the area of Bethlehem, Easton,
                                    Bangor PA and surrounding towns in Northampton CO. Some
                                    were farmers, shoemakers, miners, steel and factory
                                    workers. Also been told there were relatives living in
                                    Carbon CO, Palmerton
                                    (Slovenia)>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA<br>KOVACS, Joseph 1886-1965
                                    Austria/HUN>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA <br><br>KOVACH, KOVACS: James
                                    born Veszprem Megye area in HUN, a farmer. Believe his
                                    wife�s maiden name was NEMETH. There were at least two
                                    children: Joseph 1886-1965 and Mary. Mary married and
                                    stayed in Hungary�Joseph came to the USA early 1900�s�He
                                    later switch surname spelling from Kovach to Kovacs.
                                    Sobota, YUG (Slovenia) Her mother�s maiden name was
                                    SIFTAR, father was Joseph SKRABAN <br><br>Theresa�s birth
                                    certificate listed her parents as farmers. The certificate
                                    shows the address as Strukovci st.21. It also shows:
                                    �Krajevni ured Bodonci.� If the translation from her birth
                                    certificate is correct, her godparents were Stefan GYERJEK
                                    and Lajos SINIC. I have no info on them but their
                                    names. <br><br>Children of Joseph and Theresa
                                    Kovacs:<br>1. Joseph, Jr: 1909-1942 spouse Reiter<br>2.
                                    Katherine: 1912-1978 spouse Konya<br>3. Frank: 1915-1965
                                    spouse Grabar<br>4. James: 1916-1937<br>5. Alex:
                                    1919-1969 spouse Scheirer<br>6. Stephen: 1922-1979 spouse
                                    Schwartz<br>7. Mary: 1924-1937<br>8. John: 1926-1992 spouse
                                    Romig<br>9. Charles: 1928-1999 spouse Schrantz<br>10. William
                                    Carbon CO, Palmerton area. According to his
                                    birth<br>certificate, the eldest son was born in Carbon CO. I have no
                                    paperwork but believe he was also baptized in
                                    Palmerton.<br><br>If anyone has any additions or corrections, please
                                    contact me privately. Thank you<br> <br>Take
                                    care<br>Genie
                                    Williams, Eustis
                                  • recruitingpost
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 17, 2001
                                      I am researching Nicolas "Nick" Spillar, b. 1874,
                                      Slovenia or Hungary, and his wife Luisa "Louise" Lovrin,
                                      b. 1877 Slovenia. Louise died of TB soon after the
                                      birth of her 8th child, Charles.<br><br>Nick came to US
                                      in 1880 at age 6. They married and lived their lives
                                      in So. Chicago, sometimes in Whiting, Indiana (which
                                      is contiguous to So. Chicago). He was a laborer in
                                      the Iron Mills.<br><br>Their children (spelled their
                                      surname various ways, Spillar, Spiller, Speller):<br>1.
                                      Helen b. 1896 IL<br>2. Joseph Nicolas, b. 16 Feb 1898,
                                      d. 27 Nov. 1977, Chicago.<br>3. Marian, b. 1901
                                      IL<br>4. Annie, b. 1902-3 IL<br>5. John b. 8 Feb 1904, d.
                                      Apr 1985 in Springfield, IL.<br>6. Rosie, b. 1906 IL
                                      (may have married a Busich)<br>7. Julia, b. 1 Sep
                                      1908, in Whiting, Lake Co., IN, d. Oct 1973 Cook Co.,
                                      IL. (She married Jozo AKA Joe AKA "Adam" Busich of
                                      Croatia.)<br>8. Charles, b. 24 Jan 1913, d. 15 Sep 1989, So.
                                      Chicago, IL.
                                    • rkuthan
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 28, 2001
                                        I'm looking for any information (mainly genealogical)about lastname KUTHAN.If you know something, please, let me know. Thank you. <br>mail:rkuthan@...
                                      • kocanija
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 29, 2001
                                          I just received this past weekend the slovenian
                                          online newsletter..andy one interested in getting
                                          very interesting of the cleveland slovenian community