Stefanac / Prebilich - Preblich

  • bdavis892000
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2005
      I'm searching for information on my great grandmother her name was
      Margaret Stefanac Preblich born 5/19/1867 in Predgrad or Pregrad
      Slovenia. Her first husband my great grandfather was Jarney Bartol
      Prebilich, I don't have much on him. Only he was in Kansas City Kansas
      in late 1890's and gone in the early 1900's, they had to daughters
      Katherine ? and Mary who married Charles Sambol. One son (my
      grandfather) Joseph Preblich Born 5/15/1906 in Kansas City Kansas.
      Brenda Davis
    • slovenechild
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2005
        --- In sloveniandescendants@yahoogroups.com, "bdavis892000"
        <bdavis892000@y...> wrote:
        > I'm searching for information on my great grandmother her name was
        > Margaret Stefanac Preblich born 5/19/1867 in Predgrad or Pregrad
        > Slovenia. Her first husband my great grandfather was Jarney Bartol
        > Prebilich, I don't have much on him. Only he was in Kansas City
        Kansas
        > in late 1890's and gone in the early 1900's, they had to daughters
        > Katherine ? and Mary who married Charles Sambol. One son (my
        > grandfather) Joseph Preblich Born 5/15/1906 in Kansas City Kansas.
        > Brenda Davis

        I found a Josef Prebelic married to a Margaretha Stefanitsch.
        However, the dates do not match. In 1775 Josef Prebelic married
        Margaretha Stefanic from Preselji, Croatia. I do not think someone's
        name was Bartol Prebelich, as that is two surnames in Southern
        Slovenia, and I believe Jarney is Jernej (Bartholomew) in Slovenian.
        I could not find a Barthol who married a Stefanic, this surname could
        be Steffantz or Stephanich.
      • brenda davis
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2005
          Hello thank you for responding. I not sure about the
          names. On my grandfathers sister's death certificate,
          for fathers name it has Jarney Preblich, now to my
          knowledge my grandfather filled this information out.
          And then on my grandfather's death certificate it has
          Bartol Preblich, His second wife my step-grandmother
          filled this information out. We were unable to find
          Jarney or Bartol Preblich on any of the census.
          However we beleive that we did find Jarney on the City
          directory's. Name is always spelled close but a little
          different. Spellings. Jarney Prebilich, Jarney B.
          Prebelich, Jarny B. Prebilich. We started finding him
          in about 1898 until 1906. Living in Kansas City
          Kansas, Working in Kansas City Missouri nad then
          working in Kansas City Kansas. It list him as a
          tailor. We assumed that the B stood for Bartol. My
          mother thought that his name was Bartol, but she is
          not sure. So we really have nothing on him, our sister
          heard that he went back to Croatia and had been put in
          jail for attempting to kill the king??? roomers
          him, and find out information on him and my
          great-grandmother.
          thank you Brenda Davis

          http://mail.yahoo.com