Slovenian Descendants

  • lvonders
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 14, 1999
      Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for Slovenian Descendants community.
    • lvonders
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 14, 1999
        My grandmother was from Austria-Hungary (now Slovenia) and had the last name Remetz. Are there any others with the last name Remetz out there?
      • sweeti773
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 30 3:57 PM
          I am look for any one that can help me find the
          fmaily of a Elizabeth Frick and Jaboc C Bohl. My husband
          is the grand child of these two people. His mother
          is 74 years of age and has problem with her health.
          Please help me. They lived in Polotsk before coming to
          the US in 1907. If you can help please email me.
        • rib_fallsmay
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 19, 1999
            looking for the surname of Stelzel, Retling or
            Siegel from the Austrain-Hungarian Empire Grandfather
            Leopold Stelzel born 3 dec. 1855 or 56 in St. Leonhard,
            Austria (carinthia) married Amelia Retling in
            Salgo-Tarjan 25 Oct. 1879 imigrated to US about 1880 Thank
            you. Leopolds Mother was marreid to a Stelzel later
            married a Siegel. Thier the trail ends
          • dhrlic
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 29, 1999
              are there any hrlic out there send to dhrlic@...
            • Kelly_Peters
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 1, 1999
                I am looking for anyone with the surname of
                Loskot or a derivative of Loskot. My family originally
                came from Prague (left there when it was still
                Bohemia) and moved to the Chicago area. James and Mary
                Loskot came with their three sons (Emil Bohumil, Frank
                R. and Joseph). Any information on these or any
                other Loskots would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
              • Kelly_Peters
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 6, 1999
                  Below you will find a list of Czech and Slovak
                  societies, libraries and organizations:<br><br>California
                  Czech and Slovak Club<br>727 Appleberry Drive<br>San
                  Rafael, CA 94903<br>Phone: (415) 479-8483<br>Kathryn
                  Betlach Dankowski, President<br>(Maps, dictionarys,
                  novelty items, books; translation services available;
                  Czech and Slovak genealogy, heritage, culture and
                  Heritage Preservation Society, Inc.<br>Rt. 1, Box
                  Society of Texas<br>4800 Spellman<br>Houston, TX
                  Society International<br>P.O. Box 16225<br>Saint Paul, MN
                  & Library<br>2701 South Harlem Avenue<br>Berwyn, IL
                  Czech-american Historical Society<br>701 North Collington
                  45<br>Hallttsville, TX 77964<br>Publisher of Nase Dejiny, The
                  Magazine of Czech Genealogy<br><br>Old Mobeetie
                  Association of Mobetie Jail Museum<br>Old Town<br>Mobeetie,
                  TX 79061<br>Early Panhandle family histories and
                  museum; archieves also include records of Czech Poban
                  community).<br><br>Society for the History of Czechoslovak Jews,
                  Warren Avenue<br>Dearborn Heights, MI 48127<br>Phone
                  Third Street<br>P.O. Box 253<br>Wilber, NE
                  68465<br>Phone (402) 821-2183
                • Fasola31
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 21, 1999
                    Hello:<br><br>I am looking for the parents of
                    Ignac Sepic, b. 1886 in Brzov(r)a,
                    Austro-Hungary...Ignac emigrated from what is now Slovenia to the US in
                    1903. His parents names were Ignac Sepic and Marija
                    Kaston.<br><br>I also would like to hear from anyone who has been
                    to Slovenia since I will be traveling there myself
                  • Jesenovec
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 21, 1999
                    • dolphin384
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 7, 2000
                        Hi, Im looking for any information on the Colnaric family...for a family tree
                      • jag1945
                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 3, 2000
                          I am seeking information on my family: Sodja from
                          Mackovec pri Suhorju, Slovenia/Tomec from Podklanec 29,
                          Slovenia/Ostronic from Golek, Slovenia/ Klemencic (Clemencich)from
                          Sila,Slovenia & Klemencic from Mackovec 6, Slovenia.
                        • Stopnik
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 19, 2000
                            Genealogy information regarding Vace and Hinje,
                            Slovenia,
                          • spludunker
                            Message 13 of 21 , Feb 7, 2001
                              Has anyone ever heard of these two names. The are both suppose to be slovenian but I can find very little on either of them.....thanks
                            • kimpozar
                              Message 14 of 21 , Feb 10, 2001
                                My Grandpa was John Pozar, My Grandam was Johanna Cvar from small towns outsid of ljublana... just thought i'd drop that off
                              • spludunker
                                Message 15 of 21 , May 11, 2001
                                  Hi, has anyone ever heard of this lodge. I am going to join. There is alot about the Slovenian culture and such there.
                                • kimpozar
                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 16, 2001
                                    saw something about it... let us know how it goes. and if they serve good food.
                                  • spludunker
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jun 11, 2001
                                      Hi this may be a silly thing but I have to ask.
                                      My grandma use to make the best pot of chicken and
                                      rice in the world. I don't know if it is a recipe her
                                      mother gave her or if it just something she came up
                                      with. Is there a special Slovenian recipe for chicken
                                      and rice? Also does anyone make potica? do you use
                                      honey in it??? Thanks for letting me post these silly
                                      little questions.....
                                    • geniemarie.geo
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jul 2 11:39 AM
                                        My family came from Austria/Hungary, Slovenia and
                                        Wales. Most settled in the area of Bethlehem, Easton,
                                        Bangor PA and surrounding towns in Northampton CO. Some
                                        were farmers, shoemakers, miners, steel and factory
                                        workers. Also been told there were relatives living in
                                        Carbon CO, Palmerton
                                        (Slovenia)>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA<br>KOVACS, Joseph 1886-1965
                                        Austria/HUN>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA <br><br>KOVACH, KOVACS: James
                                        born Veszprem Megye area in HUN, a farmer. Believe his
                                        wife�s maiden name was NEMETH. There were at least two
                                        children: Joseph 1886-1965 and Mary. Mary married and
                                        stayed in Hungary�Joseph came to the USA early 1900�s�He
                                        later switch surname spelling from Kovach to Kovacs.
                                        Sobota, YUG (Slovenia) Her mother�s maiden name was
                                        SIFTAR, father was Joseph SKRABAN <br><br>Theresa�s birth
                                        certificate listed her parents as farmers. The certificate
                                        shows the address as Strukovci st.21. It also shows:
                                        �Krajevni ured Bodonci.� If the translation from her birth
                                        certificate is correct, her godparents were Stefan GYERJEK
                                        and Lajos SINIC. I have no info on them but their
                                        names. <br><br>Children of Joseph and Theresa
                                        Kovacs:<br>1. Joseph, Jr: 1909-1942 spouse Reiter<br>2.
                                        Katherine: 1912-1978 spouse Konya<br>3. Frank: 1915-1965
                                        spouse Grabar<br>4. James: 1916-1937<br>5. Alex:
                                        1919-1969 spouse Scheirer<br>6. Stephen: 1922-1979 spouse
                                        Schwartz<br>7. Mary: 1924-1937<br>8. John: 1926-1992 spouse
                                        Romig<br>9. Charles: 1928-1999 spouse Schrantz<br>10. William
                                        Carbon CO, Palmerton area. According to his
                                        birth<br>certificate, the eldest son was born in Carbon CO. I have no
                                        paperwork but believe he was also baptized in
                                        Palmerton.<br><br>If anyone has any additions or corrections, please
                                        contact me privately. Thank you<br> <br>Take
                                        care<br>Genie
                                        Williams, Eustis
                                      • recruitingpost
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 17, 2001
                                          I am researching Nicolas "Nick" Spillar, b. 1874,
                                          Slovenia or Hungary, and his wife Luisa "Louise" Lovrin,
                                          b. 1877 Slovenia. Louise died of TB soon after the
                                          birth of her 8th child, Charles.<br><br>Nick came to US
                                          in 1880 at age 6. They married and lived their lives
                                          in So. Chicago, sometimes in Whiting, Indiana (which
                                          is contiguous to So. Chicago). He was a laborer in
                                          the Iron Mills.<br><br>Their children (spelled their
                                          surname various ways, Spillar, Spiller, Speller):<br>1.
                                          Helen b. 1896 IL<br>2. Joseph Nicolas, b. 16 Feb 1898,
                                          d. 27 Nov. 1977, Chicago.<br>3. Marian, b. 1901
                                          IL<br>4. Annie, b. 1902-3 IL<br>5. John b. 8 Feb 1904, d.
                                          Apr 1985 in Springfield, IL.<br>6. Rosie, b. 1906 IL
                                          (may have married a Busich)<br>7. Julia, b. 1 Sep
                                          1908, in Whiting, Lake Co., IN, d. Oct 1973 Cook Co.,
                                          IL. (She married Jozo AKA Joe AKA "Adam" Busich of
                                          Croatia.)<br>8. Charles, b. 24 Jan 1913, d. 15 Sep 1989, So.
                                          Chicago, IL.
                                        • rkuthan
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 28, 2001
                                            I'm looking for any information (mainly genealogical)about lastname KUTHAN.If you know something, please, let me know. Thank you. <br>mail:rkuthan@...
                                          • kocanija
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Oct 29, 2001
                                              I just received this past weekend the slovenian
                                              online newsletter..andy one interested in getting
                                              very interesting of the cleveland slovenian community