SNPJ Lodge

  • spludunker
    Message 1 of 21 , May 11, 2001
      Hi, has anyone ever heard of this lodge. I am going to join. There is alot about the Slovenian culture and such there.
    • kimpozar
      Message 2 of 21 , May 16, 2001
        saw something about it... let us know how it goes. and if they serve good food.
      • spludunker
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 11, 2001
          Hi this may be a silly thing but I have to ask.
          My grandma use to make the best pot of chicken and
          rice in the world. I don't know if it is a recipe her
          mother gave her or if it just something she came up
          with. Is there a special Slovenian recipe for chicken
          and rice? Also does anyone make potica? do you use
          honey in it??? Thanks for letting me post these silly
          little questions.....
        • geniemarie.geo
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 2, 2001
            My family came from Austria/Hungary, Slovenia and
            Wales. Most settled in the area of Bethlehem, Easton,
            Bangor PA and surrounding towns in Northampton CO. Some
            were farmers, shoemakers, miners, steel and factory
            workers. Also been told there were relatives living in
            Carbon CO, Palmerton
            (Slovenia)>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA<br>KOVACS, Joseph 1886-1965
            Austria/HUN>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA <br><br>KOVACH, KOVACS: James
            born Veszprem Megye area in HUN, a farmer. Believe his
            wife�s maiden name was NEMETH. There were at least two
            children: Joseph 1886-1965 and Mary. Mary married and
            stayed in Hungary�Joseph came to the USA early 1900�s�He
            later switch surname spelling from Kovach to Kovacs.
            Sobota, YUG (Slovenia) Her mother�s maiden name was
            SIFTAR, father was Joseph SKRABAN <br><br>Theresa�s birth
            certificate listed her parents as farmers. The certificate
            shows the address as Strukovci st.21. It also shows:
            �Krajevni ured Bodonci.� If the translation from her birth
            certificate is correct, her godparents were Stefan GYERJEK
            and Lajos SINIC. I have no info on them but their
            names. <br><br>Children of Joseph and Theresa
            Kovacs:<br>1. Joseph, Jr: 1909-1942 spouse Reiter<br>2.
            Katherine: 1912-1978 spouse Konya<br>3. Frank: 1915-1965
            spouse Grabar<br>4. James: 1916-1937<br>5. Alex:
            1919-1969 spouse Scheirer<br>6. Stephen: 1922-1979 spouse
            Schwartz<br>7. Mary: 1924-1937<br>8. John: 1926-1992 spouse
            Romig<br>9. Charles: 1928-1999 spouse Schrantz<br>10. William
            Carbon CO, Palmerton area. According to his
            birth<br>certificate, the eldest son was born in Carbon CO. I have no
            paperwork but believe he was also baptized in
            Palmerton.<br><br>If anyone has any additions or corrections, please
            contact me privately. Thank you<br> <br>Take
            care<br>Genie
            Williams, Eustis
          • recruitingpost
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 17 2:49 PM
              I am researching Nicolas "Nick" Spillar, b. 1874,
              Slovenia or Hungary, and his wife Luisa "Louise" Lovrin,
              b. 1877 Slovenia. Louise died of TB soon after the
              birth of her 8th child, Charles.<br><br>Nick came to US
              in 1880 at age 6. They married and lived their lives
              in So. Chicago, sometimes in Whiting, Indiana (which
              is contiguous to So. Chicago). He was a laborer in
              the Iron Mills.<br><br>Their children (spelled their
              surname various ways, Spillar, Spiller, Speller):<br>1.
              Helen b. 1896 IL<br>2. Joseph Nicolas, b. 16 Feb 1898,
              d. 27 Nov. 1977, Chicago.<br>3. Marian, b. 1901
              IL<br>4. Annie, b. 1902-3 IL<br>5. John b. 8 Feb 1904, d.
              Apr 1985 in Springfield, IL.<br>6. Rosie, b. 1906 IL
              (may have married a Busich)<br>7. Julia, b. 1 Sep
              1908, in Whiting, Lake Co., IN, d. Oct 1973 Cook Co.,
              IL. (She married Jozo AKA Joe AKA "Adam" Busich of
              Croatia.)<br>8. Charles, b. 24 Jan 1913, d. 15 Sep 1989, So.
              Chicago, IL.
            • rkuthan
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 28 6:16 AM
                I'm looking for any information (mainly genealogical)about lastname KUTHAN.If you know something, please, let me know. Thank you. <br>mail:rkuthan@...
              • kocanija
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 29, 2001
                  I just received this past weekend the slovenian
                  online newsletter..andy one interested in getting
                  very interesting of the cleveland slovenian community