Surname of Zupon and Zordani

  • spludunker
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 7, 2001
      Has anyone ever heard of these two names. The are both suppose to be slovenian but I can find very little on either of them.....thanks
    • kimpozar
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 10, 2001
        My Grandpa was John Pozar, My Grandam was Johanna Cvar from small towns outsid of ljublana... just thought i'd drop that off
      • spludunker
        Message 3 of 21 , May 11, 2001
          Hi, has anyone ever heard of this lodge. I am going to join. There is alot about the Slovenian culture and such there.
        • kimpozar
          Message 4 of 21 , May 16, 2001
            saw something about it... let us know how it goes. and if they serve good food.
          • spludunker
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 11, 2001
              Hi this may be a silly thing but I have to ask.
              My grandma use to make the best pot of chicken and
              rice in the world. I don't know if it is a recipe her
              mother gave her or if it just something she came up
              with. Is there a special Slovenian recipe for chicken
              and rice? Also does anyone make potica? do you use
              honey in it??? Thanks for letting me post these silly
              little questions.....
            • geniemarie.geo
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 2, 2001
                My family came from Austria/Hungary, Slovenia and
                Wales. Most settled in the area of Bethlehem, Easton,
                Bangor PA and surrounding towns in Northampton CO. Some
                were farmers, shoemakers, miners, steel and factory
                workers. Also been told there were relatives living in
                Carbon CO, Palmerton
                (Slovenia)>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA<br>KOVACS, Joseph 1886-1965
                Austria/HUN>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA <br><br>KOVACH, KOVACS: James
                born Veszprem Megye area in HUN, a farmer. Believe his
                wife�s maiden name was NEMETH. There were at least two
                children: Joseph 1886-1965 and Mary. Mary married and
                stayed in Hungary�Joseph came to the USA early 1900�s�He
                later switch surname spelling from Kovach to Kovacs.
                Sobota, YUG (Slovenia) Her mother�s maiden name was
                SIFTAR, father was Joseph SKRABAN <br><br>Theresa�s birth
                certificate listed her parents as farmers. The certificate
                shows the address as Strukovci st.21. It also shows:
                �Krajevni ured Bodonci.� If the translation from her birth
                certificate is correct, her godparents were Stefan GYERJEK
                and Lajos SINIC. I have no info on them but their
                names. <br><br>Children of Joseph and Theresa
                Kovacs:<br>1. Joseph, Jr: 1909-1942 spouse Reiter<br>2.
                Katherine: 1912-1978 spouse Konya<br>3. Frank: 1915-1965
                spouse Grabar<br>4. James: 1916-1937<br>5. Alex:
                1919-1969 spouse Scheirer<br>6. Stephen: 1922-1979 spouse
                Schwartz<br>7. Mary: 1924-1937<br>8. John: 1926-1992 spouse
                Romig<br>9. Charles: 1928-1999 spouse Schrantz<br>10. William
                Carbon CO, Palmerton area. According to his
                birth<br>certificate, the eldest son was born in Carbon CO. I have no
                paperwork but believe he was also baptized in
                Palmerton.<br><br>If anyone has any additions or corrections, please
                contact me privately. Thank you<br> <br>Take
                care<br>Genie
                Williams, Eustis
              • recruitingpost
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 17, 2001
                  I am researching Nicolas "Nick" Spillar, b. 1874,
                  Slovenia or Hungary, and his wife Luisa "Louise" Lovrin,
                  b. 1877 Slovenia. Louise died of TB soon after the
                  birth of her 8th child, Charles.<br><br>Nick came to US
                  in 1880 at age 6. They married and lived their lives
                  in So. Chicago, sometimes in Whiting, Indiana (which
                  is contiguous to So. Chicago). He was a laborer in
                  the Iron Mills.<br><br>Their children (spelled their
                  surname various ways, Spillar, Spiller, Speller):<br>1.
                  Helen b. 1896 IL<br>2. Joseph Nicolas, b. 16 Feb 1898,
                  d. 27 Nov. 1977, Chicago.<br>3. Marian, b. 1901
                  IL<br>4. Annie, b. 1902-3 IL<br>5. John b. 8 Feb 1904, d.
                  Apr 1985 in Springfield, IL.<br>6. Rosie, b. 1906 IL
                  (may have married a Busich)<br>7. Julia, b. 1 Sep
                  1908, in Whiting, Lake Co., IN, d. Oct 1973 Cook Co.,
                  IL. (She married Jozo AKA Joe AKA "Adam" Busich of
                  Croatia.)<br>8. Charles, b. 24 Jan 1913, d. 15 Sep 1989, So.
                  Chicago, IL.
                • rkuthan
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 28, 2001
                    I'm looking for any information (mainly genealogical)about lastname KUTHAN.If you know something, please, let me know. Thank you. <br>mail:rkuthan@...
                  • kocanija
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 29, 2001
                      I just received this past weekend the slovenian
                      online newsletter..andy one interested in getting
                      very interesting of the cleveland slovenian community