Seeking information on My family

  • jag1945
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 3, 2000
      I am seeking information on my family: Sodja from
      Mackovec pri Suhorju, Slovenia/Tomec from Podklanec 29,
      Slovenia/Ostronic from Golek, Slovenia/ Klemencic (Clemencich)from
      Sila,Slovenia & Klemencic from Mackovec 6, Slovenia.
    • Stopnik
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 19, 2000
        Genealogy information regarding Vace and Hinje,
        Slovenia,
      • spludunker
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 7, 2001
          Has anyone ever heard of these two names. The are both suppose to be slovenian but I can find very little on either of them.....thanks
        • kimpozar
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 10, 2001
            My Grandpa was John Pozar, My Grandam was Johanna Cvar from small towns outsid of ljublana... just thought i'd drop that off
          • spludunker
            Message 5 of 21 , May 11, 2001
              Hi, has anyone ever heard of this lodge. I am going to join. There is alot about the Slovenian culture and such there.
            • kimpozar
              Message 6 of 21 , May 16, 2001
                saw something about it... let us know how it goes. and if they serve good food.
              • spludunker
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 11, 2001
                  Hi this may be a silly thing but I have to ask.
                  My grandma use to make the best pot of chicken and
                  rice in the world. I don't know if it is a recipe her
                  mother gave her or if it just something she came up
                  with. Is there a special Slovenian recipe for chicken
                  and rice? Also does anyone make potica? do you use
                  honey in it??? Thanks for letting me post these silly
                  little questions.....
                • geniemarie.geo
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 2 11:39 AM
                    My family came from Austria/Hungary, Slovenia and
                    Wales. Most settled in the area of Bethlehem, Easton,
                    Bangor PA and surrounding towns in Northampton CO. Some
                    were farmers, shoemakers, miners, steel and factory
                    workers. Also been told there were relatives living in
                    Carbon CO, Palmerton
                    (Slovenia)>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA<br>KOVACS, Joseph 1886-1965
                    Austria/HUN>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA <br><br>KOVACH, KOVACS: James
                    born Veszprem Megye area in HUN, a farmer. Believe his
                    wife�s maiden name was NEMETH. There were at least two
                    children: Joseph 1886-1965 and Mary. Mary married and
                    stayed in Hungary�Joseph came to the USA early 1900�s�He
                    later switch surname spelling from Kovach to Kovacs.
                    Sobota, YUG (Slovenia) Her mother�s maiden name was
                    SIFTAR, father was Joseph SKRABAN <br><br>Theresa�s birth
                    certificate listed her parents as farmers. The certificate
                    shows the address as Strukovci st.21. It also shows:
                    �Krajevni ured Bodonci.� If the translation from her birth
                    certificate is correct, her godparents were Stefan GYERJEK
                    and Lajos SINIC. I have no info on them but their
                    names. <br><br>Children of Joseph and Theresa
                    Kovacs:<br>1. Joseph, Jr: 1909-1942 spouse Reiter<br>2.
                    Katherine: 1912-1978 spouse Konya<br>3. Frank: 1915-1965
                    spouse Grabar<br>4. James: 1916-1937<br>5. Alex:
                    1919-1969 spouse Scheirer<br>6. Stephen: 1922-1979 spouse
                    Schwartz<br>7. Mary: 1924-1937<br>8. John: 1926-1992 spouse
                    Romig<br>9. Charles: 1928-1999 spouse Schrantz<br>10. William
                    Carbon CO, Palmerton area. According to his
                    birth<br>certificate, the eldest son was born in Carbon CO. I have no
                    paperwork but believe he was also baptized in
                    Palmerton.<br><br>If anyone has any additions or corrections, please
                    contact me privately. Thank you<br> <br>Take
                    care<br>Genie
                    Williams, Eustis
                  • recruitingpost
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 17, 2001
                      I am researching Nicolas "Nick" Spillar, b. 1874,
                      Slovenia or Hungary, and his wife Luisa "Louise" Lovrin,
                      b. 1877 Slovenia. Louise died of TB soon after the
                      birth of her 8th child, Charles.<br><br>Nick came to US
                      in 1880 at age 6. They married and lived their lives
                      in So. Chicago, sometimes in Whiting, Indiana (which
                      is contiguous to So. Chicago). He was a laborer in
                      the Iron Mills.<br><br>Their children (spelled their
                      surname various ways, Spillar, Spiller, Speller):<br>1.
                      Helen b. 1896 IL<br>2. Joseph Nicolas, b. 16 Feb 1898,
                      d. 27 Nov. 1977, Chicago.<br>3. Marian, b. 1901
                      IL<br>4. Annie, b. 1902-3 IL<br>5. John b. 8 Feb 1904, d.
                      Apr 1985 in Springfield, IL.<br>6. Rosie, b. 1906 IL
                      (may have married a Busich)<br>7. Julia, b. 1 Sep
                      1908, in Whiting, Lake Co., IN, d. Oct 1973 Cook Co.,
                      IL. (She married Jozo AKA Joe AKA "Adam" Busich of
                      Croatia.)<br>8. Charles, b. 24 Jan 1913, d. 15 Sep 1989, So.
                      Chicago, IL.
                    • rkuthan
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 28, 2001
                        I'm looking for any information (mainly genealogical)about lastname KUTHAN.If you know something, please, let me know. Thank you. <br>mail:rkuthan@...
                      • kocanija
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 29, 2001
                          I just received this past weekend the slovenian
                          online newsletter..andy one interested in getting
                          very interesting of the cleveland slovenian community