Colnaric Family

  • dolphin384
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 7, 2000
      Hi, Im looking for any information on the Colnaric family...for a family tree
    • jag1945
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 3, 2000
        I am seeking information on my family: Sodja from
        Mackovec pri Suhorju, Slovenia/Tomec from Podklanec 29,
        Slovenia/Ostronic from Golek, Slovenia/ Klemencic (Clemencich)from
        Sila,Slovenia & Klemencic from Mackovec 6, Slovenia.
      • Stopnik
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 19, 2000
          Genealogy information regarding Vace and Hinje,
          Slovenia,
        • spludunker
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 7, 2001
            Has anyone ever heard of these two names. The are both suppose to be slovenian but I can find very little on either of them.....thanks
          • kimpozar
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 10, 2001
              My Grandpa was John Pozar, My Grandam was Johanna Cvar from small towns outsid of ljublana... just thought i'd drop that off
            • spludunker
              Message 6 of 21 , May 11, 2001
                Hi, has anyone ever heard of this lodge. I am going to join. There is alot about the Slovenian culture and such there.
              • kimpozar
                Message 7 of 21 , May 16, 2001
                  saw something about it... let us know how it goes. and if they serve good food.
                • spludunker
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 11, 2001
                    Hi this may be a silly thing but I have to ask.
                    My grandma use to make the best pot of chicken and
                    rice in the world. I don't know if it is a recipe her
                    mother gave her or if it just something she came up
                    with. Is there a special Slovenian recipe for chicken
                    and rice? Also does anyone make potica? do you use
                    honey in it??? Thanks for letting me post these silly
                    little questions.....
                  • geniemarie.geo
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 2, 2001
                      My family came from Austria/Hungary, Slovenia and
                      Wales. Most settled in the area of Bethlehem, Easton,
                      Bangor PA and surrounding towns in Northampton CO. Some
                      were farmers, shoemakers, miners, steel and factory
                      workers. Also been told there were relatives living in
                      Carbon CO, Palmerton
                      (Slovenia)>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA<br>KOVACS, Joseph 1886-1965
                      Austria/HUN>NorthamptonCO, Bethlehem PA USA <br><br>KOVACH, KOVACS: James
                      born Veszprem Megye area in HUN, a farmer. Believe his
                      wife�s maiden name was NEMETH. There were at least two
                      children: Joseph 1886-1965 and Mary. Mary married and
                      stayed in Hungary�Joseph came to the USA early 1900�s�He
                      later switch surname spelling from Kovach to Kovacs.
                      Sobota, YUG (Slovenia) Her mother�s maiden name was
                      SIFTAR, father was Joseph SKRABAN <br><br>Theresa�s birth
                      certificate listed her parents as farmers. The certificate
                      shows the address as Strukovci st.21. It also shows:
                      �Krajevni ured Bodonci.� If the translation from her birth
                      certificate is correct, her godparents were Stefan GYERJEK
                      and Lajos SINIC. I have no info on them but their
                      names. <br><br>Children of Joseph and Theresa
                      Kovacs:<br>1. Joseph, Jr: 1909-1942 spouse Reiter<br>2.
                      Katherine: 1912-1978 spouse Konya<br>3. Frank: 1915-1965
                      spouse Grabar<br>4. James: 1916-1937<br>5. Alex:
                      1919-1969 spouse Scheirer<br>6. Stephen: 1922-1979 spouse
                      Schwartz<br>7. Mary: 1924-1937<br>8. John: 1926-1992 spouse
                      Romig<br>9. Charles: 1928-1999 spouse Schrantz<br>10. William
                      Carbon CO, Palmerton area. According to his
                      birth<br>certificate, the eldest son was born in Carbon CO. I have no
                      paperwork but believe he was also baptized in
                      Palmerton.<br><br>If anyone has any additions or corrections, please
                      contact me privately. Thank you<br> <br>Take
                      care<br>Genie
                      Williams, Eustis
                    • recruitingpost
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 17, 2001
                        I am researching Nicolas "Nick" Spillar, b. 1874,
                        Slovenia or Hungary, and his wife Luisa "Louise" Lovrin,
                        b. 1877 Slovenia. Louise died of TB soon after the
                        birth of her 8th child, Charles.<br><br>Nick came to US
                        in 1880 at age 6. They married and lived their lives
                        in So. Chicago, sometimes in Whiting, Indiana (which
                        is contiguous to So. Chicago). He was a laborer in
                        the Iron Mills.<br><br>Their children (spelled their
                        surname various ways, Spillar, Spiller, Speller):<br>1.
                        Helen b. 1896 IL<br>2. Joseph Nicolas, b. 16 Feb 1898,
                        d. 27 Nov. 1977, Chicago.<br>3. Marian, b. 1901
                        IL<br>4. Annie, b. 1902-3 IL<br>5. John b. 8 Feb 1904, d.
                        Apr 1985 in Springfield, IL.<br>6. Rosie, b. 1906 IL
                        (may have married a Busich)<br>7. Julia, b. 1 Sep
                        1908, in Whiting, Lake Co., IN, d. Oct 1973 Cook Co.,
                        IL. (She married Jozo AKA Joe AKA "Adam" Busich of
                        Croatia.)<br>8. Charles, b. 24 Jan 1913, d. 15 Sep 1989, So.
                        Chicago, IL.
                      • rkuthan
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 28, 2001
                          I'm looking for any information (mainly genealogical)about lastname KUTHAN.If you know something, please, let me know. Thank you. <br>mail:rkuthan@...
                        • kocanija
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 29, 2001
                            I just received this past weekend the slovenian
                            online newsletter..andy one interested in getting
                            very interesting of the cleveland slovenian community