new member

  • palermo_joseph2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7 4:59 PM
      Dear Group,

      My grandson is coming in a year and I have decided to purchase a 1/32 track set and have 2 questions.

      1) It is my impression that HO digital slot cars are not available. The only digital track for lap count, lane switching, fuel alotment, etc. can be found in only 1/32 or 1/24. Is this correct?

      2) Is it possible to build a slot car from a plastic model or in kit form? I used to have an old slot car in 1967 which had a plastic body that was connected to a slot car body and the plastic was NOT rigid but very pliable. Do such things exist anymore? Are there kits out there to purchase and enjoy building your car?

      Thanks for the replies.

      Joseph
    • alexis gaitanis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11 10:45 AM
        Hi
        On the first question you are correct.
        On the second i think you refering to vacformed bodies,nevertheless you can modify
        static kits to slot cars,you can have a look at this article
        http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=16570&view=findpost&p=177225

        The photos in this article do not show because the adress of the photo server changed,you can find them here
        http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108598

        Best regards
        Alexis

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11 1:39 PM
          Dear Alexis,

          Thanks for the reply.

          The site you gave was very helpful and definately made me go with 1/32 scale racing as I am a modeler as well.

          Joseph