Unloading the inside rear in a turn...

  • RussGB@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2007
      Scanning through the recent pix on HSARC, I came across this seemingly
      ordinary picture:

      _http://www.hsarc.net/index.php?set_albumName=HSARCphotos&id=IMG_2897&name=gal
      lery&include=view_photo.php_
      (http://www.hsarc.net/index.php?set_albumName=HSARCphotos&id=IMG_2897&name=gallery&include=view_photo.php)

      There has been much talk of people adding weight higher up in car to make it
      easier to push weight onto the outside and off the inside of a turn so as to
      make up for not having a differential in the rear. I have always thought that
      although the logic of this idea seems sound, surely you could just push a
      littler harder in the corner and achieve the same effect without adding weight
      higher up.

      It's an interesting debate for sure, and just to stoke the talk a little,
      look closely at the picture, in particular the inside rear. This car is a stock
      Scalextric without weight or magnet on an MDF/chalkboard track. This is turn
      4 of Cypress Point (the main HSARC track)...

      Enjoy!

      Russell Cox

      I race at

      _www.HoustonScaleAutoRacing.com _ (http://www.houstonscaleauto/)