Re: [Slot Cars] Scalextric 1/32 Scale Track

  • Smith Scale Speedway
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
      It depends on your focus. Scalextric is very good. If you're going to try running 1/24 cars, you're going to want Carrera or route a wood track. If you just want good working, sturdy 1/32 track, and want to save as much money as possible to devote towards cars and scenery, you can't beat Artin. We sell it because we use it.

      SS
      http://slotcar.7p.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
        And you should know that there are some cars like
        carrera ,that if u use Artin track ,you will have to
        trim some off the bottoms of the guide flags on the
        carrera cars, to keep the flags from draging in the
        bottom of track. He forgot to tell you that.

        --- Smith Scale Speedway <information@...>
        wrote:

        > It depends on your focus. Scalextric is very good.
        > If you're going to try running 1/24 cars, you're
        > going to want Carrera or route a wood track. If you
        > just want good working, sturdy 1/32 track, and want
        > to save as much money as possible to devote towards
        > cars and scenery, you can't beat Artin. We sell it
        > because we use it.
        >
        > SS
        > http://slotcar.7p.com

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Smith Scale Speedway
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
          Just the 1/24. We have no problem with 1/32 Carrera on our track. The only problems with Carrera cars are the usual ones associated with too high a center of gravity, compared to Scaley and SCX.

          wrote:

          > It depends on your focus. Scalextric is very good.
          > If you're going to try running 1/24 cars, you're
          > going to want Carrera or route a wood track. If you
          > just want good working, sturdy 1/32 track, and want
          > to save as much money as possible to devote towards
          > cars and scenery, you can't beat Artin. We sell it
          > because we use it.
          >
          > SS
          > http://slotcar.7p.com

        • samkirk1
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
            Can Classic track be added to Sport track with the scalextric adapters
            and not create any problems? I want to add 18 regular straight lengths
            of Classic track for my long straight away to extend my Sport set.
          • cliff-manley@homemail.com.au
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 1, 2005
              yes

              Can Classic track be added to Sport track with the scalextric adapters
              and not create any problems? I want to add 18 regular straight lengths
              of Classic track for my long straight away to extend my Sport set.

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • alexis gaitanis
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
                The carrera Ferrari F1's i bought recently came with
                to guides each,one of them runs ok on classic
                scalextric track

                Alexis

                --- Thomas Brooks <tomst27021@...> wrote:

                > And you should know that there are some cars like
                > carrera ,that if u use Artin track ,you will have to
                > trim some off the bottoms of the guide flags on the
                > carrera cars, to keep the flags from draging in the
                > bottom of track. He forgot to tell you that.
                >
                > --- Smith Scale Speedway
                > <information@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > It depends on your focus. Scalextric is very
                > good.
                > > If you're going to try running 1/24 cars, you're
                > > going to want Carrera or route a wood track. If
                > you
                > > just want good working, sturdy 1/32 track, and
                > want
                > > to save as much money as possible to devote
                > towards
                > > cars and scenery, you can't beat Artin. We sell
                > it
                > > because we use it.
                > >
                > > SS
                > > http://slotcar.7p.com

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Larry Swift
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 4, 2005
                  If you run on SCX track,some of the Carrera 1/32 cars
                  will need their flags trimmed up a bit.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com