Retread

  • jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2003
      Hello. I've renewed my interest in slot cars after almost 40
      years. I was heavily involved from 1962 to about 1965 and my main
      interest was 1/32 sports cars. I droped out of the hobby when the
      door-stop-with-wheels cars took over the scene (I liked to build
      realistic-looking cars). My parents came across a shoebox full of
      old parts, bodies, wheels and what-not. I have purchased a couple
      of new cars (Carrera Maserati and Monogram Cobra Daytona), but have
      not run them as yet. I would like to find a source for tires that
      would fit the wheels I have (Monogram, Cox, others), so that I could
      rebuild and run some of the older cars.
    • mrtc4w
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2003
        --- In slotcars2@yahoogroups.com, "jim" <riffhard56@y...> wrote:
        > Hello. I've renewed my interest in slot cars after almost 40
        > years. I was heavily involved from 1962 to about 1965 and my main
        > interest was 1/32 sports cars. I droped out of the hobby when the
        > door-stop-with-wheels cars took over the scene (I liked to build
        > realistic-looking cars). My parents came across a shoebox full of
        > old parts, bodies, wheels and what-not. I have purchased a couple
        > of new cars (Carrera Maserati and Monogram Cobra Daytona), but
        have
        > not run them as yet. I would like to find a source for tires that
        > would fit the wheels I have (Monogram, Cox, others), so that I
        could
        > rebuild and run some of the older cars.

        Try:
        www.professormotor.com

        or:
        http://www.ejshobbies.com/

        Marty
      • ddannenberg
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
          Try FANTASYWORLDHOBBIES.COM. tHEY HAVE GREAT WEB SIT AND WHEN YOU CALL THEM
          THEY ARE VERY HELPFULL.
          > Hello. I've renewed my interest in slot cars after almost 40
          > years. I was heavily involved from 1962 to about 1965 and my main
          > interest was 1/32 sports cars. I droped out of the hobby when the
          > door-stop-with-wheels cars took over the scene (I liked to build
          > realistic-looking cars). My parents came across a shoebox full of
          > old parts, bodies, wheels and what-not. I have purchased a couple
          > of new cars (Carrera Maserati and Monogram Cobra Daytona), but
          have
          > not run them as yet. I would like to find a source for tires that
          > would fit the wheels I have (Monogram, Cox, others), so that I
          could
          > rebuild and run some of the older cars.

          Try:
          www.professormotor.com