Red-breasted Nuthatch

  • docentjoyce
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
      Los Osos - El Moro and 4th - Red-breasted Nuthatch in the pine trees. Joyce Cory
    • Karen Clarke
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 22, 2011
        The single Red-breasted Nuthatch continues in my backyard, although not as frequently as in Dec and Jan.

        Karen Clarke
        Cambria

      • David Lawrence
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 29, 2012
          Greetings,

          So while I was welcoming back my first White-crowned Sparrows of the fall, what should come to the feeder but a Red-breasted Nuthatch, a yard bird, and one I'm very happy to have!

          It stayed just long enough for a few images, and I wish it a happy migration...

          http://flicker.com/photos/dave_lawrence

          Dave Lawrence
          Arroyo Grande

        • Nancy Mann
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2016
            Yard bird--Red-breasted Nuthatch on water fountain.  Near SLO Vet's Hall, SLO
            NJMann

            --
            Nancy Jean Mann
            San Luis Obispo

            "A duck a day!!!!"  William Henry "Hank" Deveraux, Jr.'

            'I've seen so much stupid in my years that I can't remember all of it,'  2014 James Turner.

          • Karen Clarke
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3
              Heard and saw a Red-breasted Nuthatch in a pine tree adjacent to the mouth of Santa Rosa Creek, while walking to the west end of Cambria and the Pinedorado Parade. Bodes well for winter birding.

              Karen Clarke