mergansers, goldeneye

  • mctharms@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      Yesterday Dennis Sheridan and I were driving over San Simeon Creek bridge
      when I noticed a very white duck. We went back to see a male-female pair of
      Common Mergansers and also two female-type Hooded Mergansers. When we got
      down to the creek we met Kevin and Ann Cole who were photographing the birds.
      We also saw several Rough-winged Swallows there.

      This reminds me that last week, Feb. 23, on the Bob Jones Trail, where the
      bridge crosses San Luis Creek into Avila, I had seen 3 Hooded Mergansers and 7
      Common Goldeneyes. The previous week at that spot, looking up and down the
      creek, I had seen 6 Hooded Mergansers and 7 Common Goldeneyes.

      Marlin Harms
      Morro Bay, CA
      steps!
      %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)