Potential dealer in U.S. for Concise slide rules...

  • JamesH
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2012
      Hi.
      There is a great stationary store a block or 2 away from Harvard University, and about a mile or 2 from M.I.T. I spoke with an employee there and told him there are people in the slide rule group who would be eager to buy Concise slide rules, from a dealer in the U.S. He said there are people from Harvard & M.I.T. who request them from time to time, and would forward the information I provided to the store's buyer.
      The store does not have a functional email address for submitting orders, at this time. The store is Bob Slate Stationer. The phone number is 617-547-1230, and the website is www.bobslate.com.
      If enough of us contacted the store, I have feeling they would be eager for the business Concise slide rules would generate. (The store did fall on hard times in recent years when people would test out fountain pens in the store, then order the pens from an on-line dealer.)
      As most of you are aware, Concise slide rules must be ordered from the headquarters, located in Japan. Please give Bob Slate a call so they can have an idea of how much business this would generate.
      Thank you,
      Jim Horne,
      Woburn, Massachusetts, USA