Collection

  • David Rutledge
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2000
      I'll put in my nickel's worth on my collection and objectives.

      I'm a Dietzgen collector, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I try to
      concentrate my funds on reaching my goal: acquiring one of each
      catalog number they produced. I've been lucky enough to snag a large
      variety of them from the 7'-long classroom rule to a tiny little
      5"-long 1765 and about 60 others in between. The paperwork and cases
      don't impress me that much. The rule is the thing.

      Don't ask me why I chose Dietzgen other than the fact that it seemed
      everyone else was ga-ga over K&E's. I guess I was pulling for the
      underdog or something. In my completely biased opinion, Dietzgen's
      are a quality rule that seemed to be getting neglected. That's
      alright with me, though, if it keeps the prices down.

      O.k., I'll come out of the collecting closet and admit it: I said I
      was a straight Dietzgen collector, but I didn't tell the full story.
      That's right, you guessed it: I do exhibit latent Pickett
      tendencies.
      Occasionally one will come along that just speaks to me and I have to
      have it. I'm not after the whole gamut of Pickett's, but some of
      them
      are just too darned interesting to pass up. There, I've said it and
      I'm proud!

      So if you happen to have a rare Dietzgen or an unusual Pickett lying
      around collecting dust, messing up your theme, looking completely out
      of place, drop me a line. I'm always in the market.

      David Rutledge
      drutledge@...
    • tedhume@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2003
        Hello Neil ---

        Perhaps, as John Mosand says, every collection should have an Aristo 0969
        Studio Log.
        By all means don't forget Hemmi. 259? 260? 149A pocket rule?
        How about a 20 inch rule?

        Ted Hume
        San Angelo, Texas