The Pre-Blizzard Imbolc Planning Post

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      Ah, the blizzard is beginning, a timely reminder of why we don't do outdoor ritual this time of year... And the possibility of a power outage is a great incentive to get all of my e-mail sent, too!

      We need the following roles filled for the Imbolc rite on Saturday:

      Purifiers and Portal Openers (all three)
      Bardic Invocation
      Allies
      Ana
      Outsiders
      Manannan
      Archetypes
      Ancestors
      Nature Spirits
      Deities

      Those of you who were Biddies during the Brideog may also help me bring the dolly into the ritual space. (And may wear your Brideog clothing to do so!)

      Donations of raffle items are welcome as always! Valentine’s Day themed items are great, no matter what Gen thinks. >8)

      Also don’t forget the potluck. Since we’re doing the rite indoors and have access to a stove and a microwave, feel free to bring things that need to be heated. Also, dairy foods are especially appropriate to this holiday.

      The weather forecast looks good for Saturday, assuming that the roads will finally be cleared by then. There’s first-come-first-serve parking behind the Friends Meeting , and plenty of street parking once that’s full.

      One last note: If you have candles you would like to have blessed by Brid, please bring them. We’ll be setting aside a portion of the rite for that.

      I hope to see you all on Saturday!

      Blessings,

      Rob

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.