Suite for ConVocation 2011

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      We finally heard back from the folks who run ConVocation! They've set
      aside a suite for us again, and this year, it's a full suite, with actual
      furniture and stuff already in it. n(It's the suite that they used for
      hospitality last year, if you remember what that was like.)

      The catch is that we need to have $300 in their hands by December
      1st, and the remaining $725 by January 24th, or we won't get the suite
      at all.

      The cost of the suite includes two adjacent bedrooms, which would
      normally go for $275 at the convention rate, so if someone can give
      us that amount in exchange for one of the rooms, that would certainly help
      us make the deadlines.

      Beyond that, any donations we can get in the next few weeks will
      help. You can bring them to any of our meetings, or the PayPal
      donation button on our Web site should work.
      (http://www.shininglakes.org/forms/paypal.php , if you try to use it
      and it doesn't work, let me know ASAP!)

      I'm also asking the other area Groves to help us out with room
      costs, in the hopes that we can all come together to make this the
      best ADF convention suite ever!

      I know that many of us are having money problems in these difficult
      times, and I fully understand if you can't donate anything, but if
      you can, please consider it.

      Blessings,

      Rob

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2010
        Update: We did manage to get the first payment to MEC on time! We still need
        another $725 by January 24th, and are still accepting donations. One of the
        rooms is now claimed, but the other one is still available to any person/group
        that gives us $275 for the cause.

        (And the convention schedule is online! http://convocation.org/ )

        Blessings,

        Rob