SLG Lughnasadh Festival, August 7, Ann Arbor

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2004
      Shining Lakes Grove, ADF
      presents our annual
      LUGHNASADH FESTIVAL

      Gallup Park, 3000 Fuller Rd., Ann Arbor
      August 7th, 2004
      11 AM to 9 PM

      An all-day festival and Ar nDraiocht Fein Lughnasadh ritual combined.
      From opening to closing we will be celebrating and honoring our Gods
      in the sacred space of the festival with our Games, our Talents, and
      our Wits! A truly unique event.

      Featuring:
      * Main Rite of Lughnasadh
      * Potluck Dinner (including a Dessert Contest)
      * Presentations & Workshops
      * Championship Games

      Located on the banks of the Huron River, Gallup Park provides an
      excellent site for our festival. Canoes and paddleboat rentals are
      avilable for traveling on the river, and several islands can be
      reached by footbridge.

      How much will it cost to attend? It's free! But there is a suggested
      $10 donation to help us cover our costs.

      We need volunteers! If you would like to lead a workshop, class, or
      ritual, or help organize the festival, please contact us.

      Shining Lakes Grove, ADF
      http://www.shininglakes.org/
      734-262-1052 or robh@...

      Tentative (very tentative) schedule

      12 to 1 - workshops

      1 to 2 - Greek Ritual
      Why should the Celts have all the fun? Rev. Rob Henderson and
      Genevieve Stoyak lead a traditional Hellenic ritual.

      2 to 3 - workshops

      3 to 4 - Main Rite

      4 to 6 - Championship Games

      6 to 7 - feasting