Praise Offerings for Imbolc

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2001
      As we all know, Brid is a goddess of many aspects--and to us, particularly,
      she is the goddess of our community hearth. At this year's Imbolc ritual we
      will be emphasizing the idea of service to our community, especially in
      terms of the concrete and tangible. The smiths who forge the weapons for
      defending the community, the farmers whose crops feed the community, the
      healers who prepare their healing brews, the weavers who clothe the people,
      and even the bakers who bake the bread--these are the tangible gifts that
      make a community function and thrive.

      As such, we invite everyone to bring and/or prepare a praise offering that
      represents this kind of gift. Any item of your handiwork (no matter how
      talentless you think you are!) would be appropriate, even if more "artistic"
      than practical. And this isn't just crafts--think of the herbs you grow,
      the cookies you bake, or the poems you write. The physical creation as well
      as the intent (that of service to your community) are the sacrifices we make
      in Brid's honor.

      The basket of offerings will be laid before Brid's altar at the rite, and
      will later be burned. In the case of food items, you may put a sample in
      the basket, and donate the rest to the potluck if you wish.

      May Brid inspire you!

      Gen Stoyak
      gstoyak@...
      --
      RobH (or Rob Henderson, if you prefer) / robh@... / ICQ# 4735064
      We hang on to every line and walk straight down the middle of it. (Kate Bush)