Get creative for Beltaine!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      At our afternoon Beltaine rite, we will honor Aren, our Grove's
      god of love, beauty, and freedom. While we won't be doing any
      literal acts of fertility at the rite (I'll leave that for you
      to handle in private >8) we do have a few ways for everyone to
      be creative in honoring him.

      First, we'll be gathering at Fire Watch a little early, around
      7:30 or so, to paint or focus object for the rite. We've once
      again gone with the "portable offering shaft" design, and we'll
      have a selection of paints and brushes for folks to use. Everyone
      will be able to paint a small design of their choosing on the
      huuuuuuge shaft. (If you can't be at Fire Watch, then you can
      still paint the shaft before the rite if you get there early
      enough so the paint will have a chance to dry.)

      Then, just before the afternoon rite, we'll provide paper, pencils
      and crayons for folks to do quick drawings, poems, or what have you.
      These pieces of paper can then be placed in the porta-shaft during
      the rite, to be sacrificed in the newly-kindled Beltaine fire.

      Blessings, and we hope to see you this weekend!

      Rob
      --
      RobH (or Rob Henderson, if you prefer) / robh@... / ICQ# 4735064
      We hang on to every line and walk straight down the middle of it. (Kate Bush)