Hurray, hurray, the fifth of May! Outdoor fiestas begin today!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2013
      Happy Cinco de Mayo! For our Mexican Independence ritual, we need
      salsa, a piñata, a sombr... Wait, that's not what the ritual is about?
      So why does everyone keep calling me "el Señor Druid"?

      For Sunday, we still need folks for the following roles:

      Outsiders
      Purifiers (x3)
      Bardic Invocation
      Allies
      Ana
      Manannan
      Archetypes
      Ancestors

      ---

      To Bring:

      We'll need someone to provide the cookies for us to select the May King
      or Queen. Thirty cookies of any type, one marked to look different from
      the others. Store-bought will work, but homemade would be nice, of course.

      I forgot to make my usual early plea for May Wine, does anyone have any
      that they could contribute?

      As usual, we need potluck items for the food table, and raffle items for
      the raffle table. (Think spring!)

      And as usual for the current site, we need people to bring the potluck
      table and the raffle table. >8) There are no tables at the new site, so
      any kind of portable tables will make our lives a lot easier.

      On a similar note, bring your own chairs if possible.

      ---

      For those coming to Fire Watch, sunset will be at about 8:30. The
      predicted overnihgt low will be in the low 50's, so that should be more
      pleasant than it's been the last few years.

      And for those brave enough or insomniac enough to join us for the Dawn
      Rite, we'll e leaving the site at around 5 AM for the trip to Big Lake.
      Bring lake-appropriate offerings (fruit or stones) and a container for
      any water you want to take home.

      Also, since the Kellers won't be able to join us this time, please let
      me know in advance if you're planning on staying the night at the site,
      and also if you'll be coming to the dawn rite. If nobody will be
      staying with the fire at Cavallo, I'll need to do some juggling
      (metaphorically) to make sure the flame is taken care of properly.

      The current forecast is for 60s and possible showers on Sunday. Bring
      an umbrella if you like!

      I hope to see you all this weekend!

      Blessings,

      Rob