No new thing.

  • woodenshoes_nl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      The ex-members of the Christian Fellowship Ministries have a lot of
      different ideas about faith. There are the issues about
      predestination, what is sin and what is not, there is a whole range
      of different opinions, and even if the bible is true or not. This
      also took place in the time of the first Christian churches and the
      beginning of protestantism. There is nothing new under the sun, the
      bible got that right.
      Predestination was a big issue in Holland in the 17th century, which
      ended in some shameful incidents like the beheading of a statesman.
      Then there were the Anabaptists, who ran naked on the streets and had
      free sex. They all had in common their dislike of the Roman catholic
      church, but didn't exactly know where to go from there. Let's rephrase
      that, some had outspoken ideas what to do but this in a wide variety.
      Of course the catholic church took advantage of this, and criticized
      the protestants for this. One Belgium women wrote that she preferred
      a certain catholic ( who was known for his murders and raids) to the
      protestants with all their doctrines.
      It is not hard to imagine that any CFM-er looking for information,
      will soon be bewildered by all the different opinions on these forums,
      and that this will be exploited by the men in control in the CFM.
      Is there a solution for this? I don't know, I just stated the facts. I
      guess people have to do some effort to make up there own mind about
      certain subjects, do some research and bible thumbing. There are great
      freeware bible study programs available on the internet like e-Sword
      and the Sword Project .

      Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.

      You can hold on to that. God bless.

      Greetings from Holland.
    • naboth675
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
        "woodenshoes_nl" said....

        [It's not hard to imagine any CFM-er looking for information will
        soon be bewildered by all the different opinions on these
        forums...........I guess some people have to make some effort to
        make their up own minds on certain subjects.]

        I can see what you mean. One of the reasons why we all believed the
        same thing in cfm was that we let others do the thinking for us.
        Once out, a person may have to learn to think for themselves again.
        This can be very disorientating. The fact that we have different
        opinions can be a good thing to see. It means we have to get along
        with people who don't see things our way. Something that people in
        cfm find very hard to do.

        Good post.

        regards...naboth675

        --- In